GOT TO INTRODUCE MYSELF...

Hello

I'm Maï, a French Caribbean woman living in Paris in an artistic universe.

I create jewels and fashion Accessories. I also like photography as model, fitness, wine, strawberries, funny people, elegance, walks, vegetables, barbecues, sun and beach, philosophy and spirituality
I used to come in Martinica, Guadeloupe 'cause I was born there

Today, I have the project to move in RD because I want a different life, different vibes.

I really want something new...

Welcome to the forum.  There are a lot of nice folks here with some good information to  share.

Are you moving here full time?  Where on the island are you relocating to? 

Bob K

Thanks for your reply Bob !

Yes, my plan is to spend most of my time in RD for the simple quality life. I also look for somewhere which inspires my creativity.

I'm interested by the Caribbean side. Don't really know where..

Welcome to the forums.  Have you been here before?  The Caribbean side is beautiful but simple and quality require money to live.  Read the forums and ask as many questions as you need to,  we help whenever we can.

Hello !
Thanks for your reply  :)
I never been in RD before. I plan to come this year to visit and confirm my motivation to live there.
Was interested by the Caribbean side because of my origins but I'm also interested by Sosua, Cabarete, Puerto Plata on the Pacific side.

I've forgotten a detail which is not one.

Unfortunately but lucky me, I'm a cancer survivor. I have a treatment for several years. So  in fact, I'd like to know about the medical system  in Sosua and near. Is it easy to find a doctor or make some analysis ? Are they competent ?
I wanted to have a roots life but my case finally needs comfort  :/:)

I also don't drive and don't want to. If I stay in Sosua, is it easy to live my life by feet or public bus ?

Thanks for your replies  :up:

Good medical clinic in Sosua honey.  Transportation -  depending where you live in or around sosua there is decent public transport,   motorcycle taxis (I hate them) and regular taxis!   

You absolutely must come and check it out here before making the move.....

Thanks again  ;)
Yes I plan to come this year...

Hi welcome!:-)

I don't live there yet but make several trips to Punta Cana since my Husband and I are planning our move over the next 1-1/2 yr. We chose PC for the beautiful turquoise water and white sand, I know it will be more touristy than other areas of the DR but I think we are going to enjoy that for a few years and then possibly move to a more peaceful area like Samana or Las Terranas if we feel the need. We have always lived in quiet places so we may enjoy some huase and bussle and there is the new Blue Mall coming soon and the Bavaro Tropical Mall being built right in El Cortecito/Bavaro, not that I'm a huge mall goer but like to know it's not 2 hours away😽. El Cortecito is a cute little area with every thing you need bakeries, vets, grocery stores, restaurants and bars! All across the street from the Caribbean turquoise waters! The villas and condos are reasonable, I find them to be lower than the North coast...You can find beautiful places from as low as $75,000 to under $200,000 and everything in between and of course up up up depending on your budget..Good luck in your journey!!😽

Hello Kat !  :)

Many thanks for all your informations !
Your project is great and you must be excited about it. I understand your motivation and will have a look on the places you tell.

Have a nice day

CaribbeanMood.
First there is not Pacific side but rather the north coast is on the atlantic ocean.

As to medical in Sosua it is a ok but I would go to Santiago for follow up on any Cancer issues.  HOMS hospital has a large freestanding cancer center on the campus and there are other cancer centers in town there.  It is about an hour and a half drive from Sosua.  This is the place we go if we need care and cannot get back to the states or don't feel we need to do so.

Having said that I recently went back to the states for my annual check up (last one 6 years ago) and my wife is doing the same (6 years for her as well and she too is a cancer survivor)

Getting around Sosua is easy on foot or with local "cabs".  Stay off the motos  :D

BobK

And Bob would know this, he is a doctor!!!! He gives good advice!

Thanks a lot BobK ! You're a mine of informations !!
Happy to see that your wife and you are enjoying your life  :top:

It comforts me to know about cancer centers.
For the moment my check up is every three months so it's difficult for me to move for a long time. That's why I can't  plan to relocate before one big year.

Happy to know I can stay in Sosua without driving too.
Normally I'd like to visit in september

I was reading again all the chat, and I don't know why I've mentioned the Pacific !!!
I write and read fast so I just see it now !!!!   :unsure:)

I hate it when my mind, mouth and fingers are not all on the same page :D:D:D:D:D

Bob K

LoL ! I'm like that too :D

Aren't we all at times.....LOL