Moving to Vietnam on June to find for a teaching job

Hi everyone! I'm Harry from Manila, Philippines. I am considering moving to Vietnam soon to find a job, to live there and to explore this country because I've heard that it has something great to offer.

I am posting this to seek for advice and anything important that I need to know. All your responses, for sure, would be of great help and I will appreciate it a lot.

Hi, which city are you going to live? If it's HCM city I could give you some advises.

dndiemmy wrote:

Hi, which city are you going to live? If it's HCM city I could give you some advises.

Hello! Thanks for your reply. Considering of moving to HCMC. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Ur welcome! I also just moved here 6 months ago. So i think you should figure out where you will work, how to get ur office, then decide which district you want to live. Dis 1,2,7 are considered as foreigner areas.

dndiemmy wrote:

Ur welcome! I also just moved here 6 months ago. So i think you should figure out where you will work, how to get ur office, then decide which district you want to live. Dis 1,2,7 are considered as foreigner areas.

Thank you very much again for the info. Someone's offering me to stay at Go Vap District. In which district is that from? I was told that it is 15 minutes away from the airport in HCMC.

sondao wrote:

I think the most important is where you work. there are several kinds of teaching in Vietnam, private tutor or you can teach online or at an English center. Go Vap is a good choice for living but its quite far from the city center where concentrates many English centers, and the traffic is terrible as well.

The second matter is that Vietnamese speak English quite bad than it might be a trouble for you if you live in a place surrounded by all the local.

If you don't care about the above issue then,  Phu Nhuan ,in my opinion, seems to be the best choice to live in HCM, which closed to district 1 and 3 and even airport if you wish. living there is less expensive than that of dis 1 but it safer and has less problems with the infrastructure, especially flood than others.

The rent fee is very different as well, around 200$/month for a single room with basic furniture and air conditioner is, I think, affordable for an English teacher.

Hi there! Thank you very much for your response. I can't wait to go there and work and live. Thank you for your advice. I will take note of that. Have a great day!