About Katowice or any other affordable/nice region/town

Hi everybody :) ,
I am new to the Poland forum but have been a member of the Ukraine forum since coming to live here with my wife two years ago.
We are now considering moving to Poland basically for a better life, my wife is an English teacher and I used to be a delivery driver when I lived in England, neither of us speak much Polish but my wife is Ukrainian and the languages are very similar, we are learning Polish before we make the move but it will only be basic.
We have four city areas where we would like to live and would appreciate any help with regards jobs, cost of living, apartment rental prices and which area is best to settle for an English and Ukrainian couple, we would like somewhere close to the city but also somewhere quiet and rural.
Krakow is our first choice as my wife has visited there a couple times, she has a relative who lives near the city and really likes it there, she also says a lot of people speak English.
Warsaw is my choice as I was there about 18 months ago for a short trip and loved it but I think it might be too expensive to live there.
Katowice, don't know much about the place and would like to know more.
Lublin is our last choice basically because it is close to the border with Ukraine for weekend trips back home.

Thanks for any any help.
Alan.

Hi Alan,

This new thread has been created from your post on the Poland forum so that you may get some feedbacks on your questions.

Hope it helps
Bhavna

you narrowed it down well with Lublin, it is by far the cheapest place to live out of those you mentioned, has a fantastic market once per month on the last Sunday of the month, everywhere you go people will speak english if required, good restaurants etc etc and has some nice countryside around, I think you pretty much answered the question yourself :-)