Life In Algeria

Hello,

My name is Azeemah. I am from the USA and planning to marry and relocate to Algeria (Khenchela). I am interested in finding out about life in Algeria such as jobs for women, living conditions, housing, daily life etc....

I know as an American it will be a hugh adjustment leaving one world and going into something completely different. I have spoke with another person who live in Tipaza and all I was given was negative feedback (nothing positive). I am just trying to get as much information as I can and I would appreciate any in formation you can share.

Thank You

Hi Azeemah,
Nice to make your acquaintance. I'm 38, British and married to an Algerian and had a wonderful 2 years living and working in Algeria but you're right, it is a huge adjustment. Please feel free to personal message me with any questions you have. It would be great to stay in touch and insha'Allah we will return there permanently in the future too. Look forward to hearing from you.

As salaam alaikum Mahdiyyah

I had tried to send a personal message to you prior but was having problems I guess because I am a new member. I sent an e-mail to your blog website because I am very interested in speaking with you. Please if you get this message you can e-mail me here or at [email protected]

Thank you and look to here from you

huge huge huge difference, trust me :D

I am Algerian, currently living in Australia. At first it was very hard for me, as I had to re-adjust everything, including the way I was walking and my eating habits, though it is Australia. Therefore, you go wherever you want, you have to re-adjust everything, that is normal.
A place becomes beautiful if you see from that angle. Algeria is much better than hundreds of other countries around the world, but you always have to be careful and don't trust anyone in the first day. That is all, the rest will come.
The most important is your relationship with your husband and your in laws.

BerberoSaharan

hi i am an algerian living in melbourne,it's just depens what type of person you are for exemple if you looking to a western type of life you will struggle , but if you friendly open minded to different culture,try to learn the language,cooking,family gatherings and maybe try to get english teaching job to keep you busy and to meet different people a more importantely don't live with your in laws even if they are the nicest in the world!!

Thank you Algiers and Berberos for your feedback

Hello

Algeria is a nice place too. If you feel a strong bond towards your hunband and children, then you can live anywhere, even in a jungle. In conlcusion, Algeria a nice and different.

Cheers

-Amine

Dear,
I will be very direct, I advise you to live in Algiers or any other big city such as (Annaba, Bejaia or Oran), it will be very difficult to adapt in Khenchla ! I'm Algerian, living in Algiers, and when I have to visit some cities in Algeria for work (2 or 3 days), it is very difficult to adapt, even for a very short period.

There are many things which you may miss by changing the country, so it is better to live in the capital Algiers, the difference will be less agressive, so many things are missing in other cities (entertainment, hospitals, security, schools, permanet tab water, power cuts, transportaion, available work, ..... ).

I'm Algerian living in Algeria and I will never accept to live in another city than Algiers ! But this is my own point of view !

I hope you will be happy with your husband and children whaterver the VCity is !

Good luck