Do I have to buy a condo at least $500000 to live there?

Hi, my name is Dave! I'm brand new on here. I'm just starting to get info on Turks n Caicos.  My ideal home would be a two bedroom condo near or on the beach and I'm wondering if it's feasible? I will be retiring in 2-5 years and will have a $100000/ year income. Do I have to buy a condo at least $500000 to live there? Thanks a future retired firefighter!

Dave: No,  As long as you do not need to work then you can get a yearly permit.  There are some nice condos in Turtle Cove area that are way less of an investment but close to the beach.

Hi Dmccombe,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Turks and Caicos island forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hey, Claudia here,

Looking for a month long rental at a reasonable price. Vacation home rentals are pretty pricey. Coming with my family and hopefully mother-in law. Where looking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath with pool. A view would be great and walking distance to a beach also a must, were coming with 3 young children. Would anyone know anyone privately renting or thats affordable, somewhere in the lines of $4500.00 all included US dollars. We would also need to rent a car for the month. Were looking at mid January, around the 16th - 20th through until February 16th-20th, whatever 4 weeks transpires to.

Thanks, I hope there's something out there!

Claudia, a canadian budget gal and her family

That info is helpful! I've stArted looking at turtle cove and it looks great! I'm going to try to visit there later this year!
Thanks again
Dave

Turtle Cove is a good area.  I would take a look at Vista Azul, Seaflowers or the Turtle Cove Yacht Club.

Thanks for the information. I look forward to checking them out. Thanks
Dave

I am confused. My impression from what I read is that if you want to retire to Provo one needs to spend at least $1,000,000 on build or improving distressed property: savory-partners.com/investment-based-residency-turks-and-caicos.php
misickstanbrook.tc/tci-reintroduces-investment-based-permanent-residency-exciting-investment-scheme-2/

I hope that am wrong, if I am, Dave may find me as his neighbor in Provo ;-)

...and....
The long-term residency option ($500,000 investment in Provo) requires a lower up-front investment than a PRC. When the long-term residency permit expires, one can the renew it for another 10 years. I feel as though I am, again, missing something, as  the long-term residency option seems a way of obtaining residency at a lower cost, even when annual government fees are considered. Thus, why would any retiree, with no intention of working in TCI, expat ever want to consider a PRC?

Hi, I'm guessing my plan is to rent the first year until I figure out where I want to live. Two years and counting! Can't wait,