Beach in Bahrain - is there any?

HI, does anybody know at least one public or private beach in Bahrain?

lol. it's an island, I dont know how this can be a valid question

It looks like you didn't travel to Bahrain. Probably it's the only island with no public beaches, please correct me with examples, if I'm wrong.

you asked for private or public... so you just answered your own question

Zallaq Beach near the Sofitel. Also doesn't the Ritz Carlton have a private beach?

m2r education wrote:

Zallaq Beach near the Sofitel. Also doesn't the Ritz Carlton have a private beach?

Yes ritz has a beach

Hi kom340,

I moved your topic on the Bahrain forum. Members living there could try to help you with your questions.

I thought so. To be honest, Bahrain isn't really a beach holiday destination though.

There's a small but nice public artificial beach attached to a park in Budaiya. It's a nice place to stroll and pick up litter while you watch the sunset. We do it from time to time.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Al+ … ca14c1f5a4

You can also drive further south to Al Jazair public beach which is much bigger and natural and has much more litter for you to collect.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Al+ … 55a3091dd4

Other than that, pay a premium for the Ritz and Sofitel beaches or join one of the clubs and use the private beach at the Yacht Club.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Malkiyah beach. Just google "Malkiyah beach, Bahrain". It's about 15 km away from Al Jazair public beach

ah... good. We'll give that one a try for our next sunset walk. Thanks

The dry docks beach is on a cleaner side... (Asry Beach)

Thanks to all for useful info!

In the north you can go to Coral Bay.  That is near the diplomat area.  As was mentioned before the Sofitel has a nice beach.  If you want there is also Al-Bander Resort and Al-Dar island.  Both are great for beaches.

There are also good public beaches at Askar and Jau. Take the respective exits on the highway to Durrat al Bahrain and you will be able to locate them.

I don't think any of the public beaches are very nice if you want to spend the day there swimming to be honest. Most people that go to these places (all  nationalities) litter a lot and it's often a quite disgusting sight. Coral Bay, Al Bander, Ritz and Zofitel are all nicer to spend the day at.

Tackar!

I like to be on the beach very often drinking coffee or tea especially in a weather like now. The public beach next to Bahrain fort is also not so bad. Access is from Seef.

You speak Swedish kom340?

Nomsky wrote:

You speak Swedish kom340?

I'm afraid I forgot it already... Lived in Vasteras for a year.

am.live wrote:

I like to be on the beach very often drinking coffee or tea especially in a weather like now. The public beach next to Bahrain fort is also not so bad. Access is from Seef.

Thanks for a hint!

Nice :)

true to that one, public beaches are so crowded of just men I quickly left after I saw that.

We went to check out the Zallaq beach. was nothing special. Polluted and lacked civic facilities. Will  try Sofitel another time. But if you really want a better beach. Closest there is, is in Dxb.

Didn't Amwaj have a beach area? I went there a few years back and it's as close to a beach I got. However, saying that, it may be that part of the island is protected for residents of that area, I'm not sure. ?

as far as i know amwaj does not have a public beach area.

Went to Sofitel hotels beach side wine and dine Tapas. Good recreation.