Spanish Language Schools

Hi -

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good Spanish language school in Barcelona? I'm looking for a place to take an intensive Spanish course for a couple of months this spring. There seem to be tons of them, but it's hard to tell which ones might be better from their websites...

Gracias,
Hannah

Hi Hannah,

I think it depends on how much you're willing to pay.  I went to BCN Metropol and paid around 187E for four weeks, 10 hrs per week and didn't think it was worth it.

I'm now studying at the International House under the instruction of teachers-in-training and it's only 40E per 4 weeks (it's different from the official 'International House' Spanish course which is much more expensive). There are also a few free community center-type courses in the city worth checking by a quick google search.

If money's not too tight, I've been recommended these schools by studious germans but can't vouch for them myself ;)

versionoriginalbcn.com
escuelamediteraneo.com

I recommend coming here first, asking for a free 'trial' class (which most schools provide) and deciding from there--don't book a 3 month course from home without making sure you're going to like it!

hope that helps :)

when are you heading over?

-jess

Thanks Jess!

I was planning on booking a course ahead of time, but now that you mention it... it does make sense to check them out in person!

I'm going to be arriving in BCN in the beginning of February :)

- Hannah

Hey
I havent started studying yet but I have to agree that the international house sounds pretty good.  Also there are a lot of state schools here that teach spanish for like 40 euros a course.
Dont have any contact info about them but they do exist.

I also agree that you should come here first before booking a course.

Greg

the best school in Barcelona to study languages is : LA ESCUELA OFICIAL DE IDIOMAS.
you have to study a lot, but it's the best one.
ciao

I have similar plans to come in March and I am looking for a week or two of intensive Castellano study before I start my job. 

I will look at the ones suggested by others - but if any of you have any additional suggestions please let me know. 

PS - thanks to all for sharing your knowledge, it helps

Lance

Yes, I agree. I'm catalan and I suggest you Escuela Oficial de Idiomas cause is the best, and they have many centers in Barcelona (in Sants, in Vall d'Hebron, Drassanes, etc.)

Better check it out when you arrive here.

Regards

Should those courses be taken in Barcelona? If you are flexible in destinies, highly recommended a look to what Salamanca can offer in the teaching of Spanish to foreigners.
As I come to this fore not oftenly, contact me here:[email protected]
bye