The Best

At the moment I don't have a Brazilian Bank account, I hope, by this time next week I will have one.
Ok my question is... out of all the bank's here. "witch one" would the best for Ex Pat,s
Meany thanks

Banco do brasil, e melhor e caixa economica federal.

If you will want to arrange for transfers into your Brazilian account from another country, then I would suggest that you look into banking with an international bank. You might want to see if there's a Citibank near you. HSBC is also an option, but I understand that their Brazilian operation has recently been sold, so nobody really knows what will happen with that.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

I plan on not having a bank there. Too much of a hassle. ATM works just fine! My American bank only charges me 1% of what I withdraw and the ATM fees are not that bad if you are maximum pulling money out compared to many small withdrawals.

The only problem is that I do believe that becomes illegal at a certain point in your country of origin once you are no longer living there for a certain amount of time
Otherwise you would just be able to funnel an endless amount of cash out of your home country with minimal tax obligation on the foreign exchange ....best you research it.

Banco do Brasil and caixa are the easiest ones....you may struggle to open an account at the private banks without proof of Brazilian paycheck and tax/income declaration , unless you have all of that
I'd avoid HSBC , it's not well supported and can be hard to find a branch easily.

Bradesco is probably the most supported private bank

You can't funnel "endless" amounts of money into Brazil through ATM withdrawals, you still have a daily limit (most places R$800 per day) 6 days per week.

The fact is that you can bring in/take out amounts of cash up to R$10,000 before you even need to report it. Even if you arrange transfers between banks larger than that you'll have to provide the bank with a letter to the Receita Federal explaining the source of those funds and the purpose they are being put to.

I don't have a Brazilian bank account, use my US debit card for everything I need, and pay bills, etc, through my Brazilian wife's bank account.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team