Looking for friends!!!

hi am a young 34 female who moved to melbourne from hull england, am finding it hard without my friends and am looking for new ones can anyone help! i like going out and having fun  am currently studying and working as a support worker.
I am a mother of 2 children 14yr and 9.
If anyone can help with networking please drop me a line!
thanks
lou

Hi Lou, welcome to Expat-blog! :) Your discussion has been moved on the Melbourne forum.

I am sure you will have lot of new friends here. You may wish to participate in other threads on Melbourne forum.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi Lou,

I too have recently moved from the U.S. to Melbourne. Wonderful city, but it is a little tough without my friends and family. If you would like to chat or get together to discuss experiences, please let me know. I am a 46 yrs young male, married (wife will not be joining me here for about 5 months), professionally employed, with interests including biking, hiking, exploring, reading, tennis, golf. Look forward to hearing from you.

Joe

That would be great jo i bet it feels hard not having your wife here, drop me a line
lou

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the reply. Hope you are doing fine. If you would like to skype some time, my skype handle is jrobinson234691.

Have a great day,

Joe

Hi Lou,

Welcome to Melbourne,

We have a Melbourne Social Club which is ideal for meeting new friends and networking. It will help you widen your circle of friends and establish a new social life in Melbourne.

We hope that it helps you in some way. (Moderated: No Free advertising, Please, Thanks)

Enjoy Melbourne, its a great city, hope you make lots of new friends !

Hi Lou,
I relocated recently to Melbourne as well, from the US, so I understand what you're going through. Melbourne is an amazing city, but it's tough when you don't have your friends around, and everything is new and different.
I'm looking to meet people and make new friends, so drop a line.
Gerri

I'd like to participate more on this forum and get to meet interesting people.

[Moderated - No advert at your very first post]

Hello Lou,
I'm in Melbourne since September and looking for new friends as well! I'm 34 and studying as well but I don't have children! :-)
Let's meet!
Ciao!
Vale

Hello there,

I recently moved to Melbourne from the States with my husband and daughter (who is turning 1 in a few days!) - and would also like to meet other folks interested in exploring t

ltripp wrote:

hi am a young 34 female who moved to melbourne from hull england, am finding it hard without my friends and am looking for new ones can anyone help! i like going out and having fun  am currently studying and working as a support worker.
I am a mother of 2 children 14yr and 9.
If anyone can help with networking please drop me a line!
thanks
lou

hi there,

i live in melbourne too and I am looking for friends as well.

Hi Lou

How are you getting on ?

My name is Kate, we are moving to Melbourne in Jan 2011. We are a family of 4 and will initially be living in Brighton but will be looking to rent elsewhere.

Hi friends,

Same with me.I have been living here for last 6 months.Lived in russia for sometime and then moved here with a new job assignment.Its booring here if you don't have friends.

So guys,those feeling alone,drop a line and we all can meet.

Vin

Thanks 'skyhigh'. Thanks for your view.Hope are allright !!

Vin

Hi I just moved here to Melbourne! I am from America but have been living in Perth for the past 4yrs almost. Don't know anyone here in Melbourne! It would be good to meet new people! Drop me a line.

Hi Kristofer,
You can drop me a line at [email protected] and I will make sure that I get back to you.

Vin

well its lovely people replied maybe we should all meet up one night in the city!
Let me know if anyone has any ideas!
And Happy New year to you all!
louann x

Hi Guys,
What about drinks tommorow evening somewhere in city ?
Please reply so that we could think of place.It would be fun meeting all the strangers :)

Vin

@Lou it's a great idea!
@Vin, maybe we should organize the evening some days before, like for next week or so...
Unfortunately I have no idea where!

Vale,
I can organize some meet for us.
@ Vale and others : If you all could drop me a mail at my id,I would reply to you all with venue and place.

[email protected]

he guys when can everyone meet up x
lou

I arrive in Melbourne Saturday morning! will not know a single person there haha! would be good to make new friends asap! :-D