Is it safe for a single mature female to relocate there?

Hi

I have been given an opportunity to live and work in Pakistan, in relative luxury, indefinitely. However, I am getting conflicting reports about the life and culture in Faisalabad. Is it safe for a single mature female to relocate there? What kind of life can I expect there, I am currently in Ireland.
Any advise or information would be most appreciated.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and asking for advice, Actually being honest I would like to tell you that in every country you will find good or bad people right. . So same in Pakistan.  But may I know why you are planning to start business in faislabad ?  And make sure you have good  advisor who can guide you well before you plan to settle down.  But don't hesitate to ask anything anytime. It will be my pleasure to answer your questions.  Take care

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board to both of you  :)

I have created a new topic on the Faisalabad forum from your posts so that you may better exchange your views.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

So long you behave maturely there shouldn't be a problem. You may be pleasantly surprised how helpful n hospitable pakis are.

Hello wanamove,

I am afraid you will need to open up a little bit more and narrate complete background of your 'sponsors' who are ready to fund your indefinite stay in Faisalabad of all the wonderful cities in Pakistan.

Is this going to be a fact finding mission for a western intelligence agency? Will you be expected to write a book? What are your specific set of skills that could be of value from a mature Dublin female?

It sounds very confusing since Faisalabad itself is full of highly skilled and educated talents. I find this situation rather confusing. :dumbom:

Hi,
Yes it is safe to live there. I had lived 5 years with no harm. I enjoyed there and I make some good friends there.
If you have any questions then you can ask.
Regards,

Life is totally different if you compare Ireland or Pakistan. I don't think you will survive due to environment difference

Hi my name is Mustafa, I born and brought up in Faisalabad. Currently living in. Dubai. I would say you should have no big trouble to work and live in faisalabad.
Feel free to adk any further details.

Regards
Mustafa

Hello,
You must first understand that Pakistan is sandwich between Americans and fundamentalist.Pakistan has lot trouble because of all kinds of group taking shelter.since gov't. Is corrupt so its a heaven for these kind of people.but the trouble is very much targetted and specific........ if one has become a target then he had it....... but a person either male or female lives in a posh area of big cities then I think its not a problem.after all 180 million people are living........... yes if one goes there he or she should not come into limelight........ then I feel its ok in big cities.
If you want to go please tell me which city you are going and what of job you will do, then I will be in a better position to advice

What kind of need advice you

Faisalabad is industrial city ,my sister living there with his family.i visit there every 3 to 4 month.my opinion there is no problem to living and working for you.

If there is any thing i can do ,i will glad to help you.

Regards
Muhammad Shahzad
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

NOT Recommended at all!!!
The entire province of Punjab is full of sex-attacks and the Province of Sindh is not safe due to law and order crisis.
All those who would suggest you to go ahead should give proper reasoning for their advice.
If need be I may provide media references for my suggestions.
Kind Regards
Sufian

I have hardly heard of a foreign female getting raped on the street. Please be careful while making such negative comments about your own country.