How much would it cost to marry a Pakistani girl including SHOWING OFF

I would like to know that why do we waste so much money in marriages in Pakistan just to show off and all where poor people don't even have enough food to eat. Why do we have to buy sets of gold and all instead of doing a simple NiKKah and Dinner or lunch?I stay in Malaysia and i am 32.not married yet just because i dont have enough money to SHOW OFF and spend money on unnecessary things (GETTING MARRIED)This question is especially for City people.

Dear Brother Omar,

Thr is no condition of doing all the extra spending. If you see the most beautiful and the most easiest way to get married is in Islam. All the new trends in desi wedding culture is just crap. Find youself a bint al halal and settle down Islamically. Nikkah and reception for nikkah and thats it. Ya just dont forget to pay her mahr :)

Regards,

Abdullah Khan

Thats right brother. Thats what i am talking about.i am not very religious person but but at least its not logical to spend that kind of money.

dear omer this is only one side of picture i would like to divide the amount spend on marriage in two ways 1-which are capital expenses 2- which are just expenses. when a new couple starts his own life indpendetly that couple should have some starting level or you may say that we provide the couple a base like in jhaeez the parents of girl gave nessesry starting thing of her use mean which are nessary to start her new home but it should not be burden on her parants it should be share by both families  and this is for there independent life the wrong thing is the jhaeez which girl is get with her didnt used by her as in pakistan joint family system is pervailing so in my view in joint family system there should not be the consept of jhaeez this is only for couples personaly life and then is jewellery or gold this also for her not for the guy even the parents of boy also give jewellery to bride this is there long term saving or the wrong thing is the application of such things if you exclude the families of both bride and groom then nothing is bad an other expense is meal of baarat and meal of walima i think both are wastage of money and spending on other customs are also wastage think from this aspect

I agree .true

Looks like you have to work hard in order to get merried. :lol:
Omar keep working one day you may get a wife LOL...

well brother making money in halal way is not easy.

[Moderated: Off Topic.]