Working in Luxembourg and Living in Border region for Non-EU Nationals

Hi All,

I have received my work permit and I will be moving to Luxembourg in month's time. I am currently searching for accommodation in border areas like Thionville or Arlon. Can anyone please give me some idea regarding if it's legally possible for a non-EU National to stay outside Lux while working in Lux? Also, I have to declare my arrival within 3 days to local commune. However, I would be staying at Hotel during initial weeks and won't be in a situation to decide where will I be staying later. In Thionville or Arlon (obviously if legally possible), what should be the approach while filing my documents for long term residency? (if anyone can explain all possibilities, it would be helpful)
I am aware of traffic situation and long travelling hours and as such not concerned about those. Any other information is also helpful related to staying border areas.

It is possible only if you have Blue Card from Luxembourg but for that also you must stay in Luxembourg for some minimum duration. If you don't get blue card then you can't stay out of Luxembourg.

Thanks for the info ! It's helpful...
Any idea regarding the minimum duration ? and if Blue Card can be easily obtained?

I have no idea about these. You may find all info on google