Applying to german universities

Hi
Im so lucky to have come across this blog! It is sooooo helpful
I'm a student that lives in morocco and would like to continue his studies (Master) in germany. i just have one question, in order to enroll into a university does one have to contact directly the university he wants (exp : he sends his diplomas, his CV....) and what kind of respond does he get from the university (if he is acceppted in the university do they give him some kind of paper that shows that he is accepted in the university, i think this kind of paper is neccessary for the visa, something like that). any information about this matter will sooo helpfull.
Wish yu a GREAT DAY :)

Check the entry requirements and application formalities on the university website.
Send your application early - most universities need a few months to process them.
Once accepted, they will send you the paperwork for the visa.
Many universities can also be called or emailed for assistance, check for their Studienberatung and Akademisches Auslandsamt.

Thank you very much beppi this surely will help a lot.

Also, you need to have at less a B2 level in German.

for masters it is not always required to have B2 level in german

studies can be in English

Hello Abouhassane,

I am doing my masters from TU Chemnitz and currently doing an internship in Berlin for few months, so I can share my personal experience. Germany is great country to do your masters. Here there are 2 intakes 1) Winter semester (Oct to Feb) and Summer intake (April to Aug). For winter semester deadlines for majority university are 15th July and for summer intake it's 15th Jan. (Also refer to your university as in some cases it may defer).

If your masters will be in German language, then you need to finish level B1 or B2 (in some university) and you can do it here in Germany for 6-8 months before starting your masters. If your course is in English then normally university ask for A2 level of certificate, which you can do it in your home country also.

To apply for German masters course you need to apply through "uni-assist" website. On uni-assist website you will have to create your account and upload all required documents and select the university and course you are interested in. You can also find more information "daad" website (which is also government approved website)

Along with these website I had also got further information from "samtog" website (which is a private website for students/traveller/workers coming to Germany).

Let me know if you need any kind of further guidance

Regards
Rahul Patel

Thank you all for your kindness, your replies surely helped me a lot, it guided me to the correct direction.
Thank you sooooo much, i'll take by your advices.
rahulpatel thank you for sharing such helpful informations.

Hello  Rahulpatel ,

I am Srijana Khadka and i am living in Germany. I have came here in a aupair visa and after one year i want to study master. i wanted to ask if 15th July is the deadline for submission of application then after that how long does it take to get admission? And i have heard that it takes nearly 2 or 3 months to get student visa. Is it possible to get visa before the classes run? I have no knowledge about it. Can you give me some information about it ?

Siru: The entry formalities and timelines differ from university to university. So please ask at the school you want to enter!
Student visa really take that long, unfortunately.

siru wrote:

Hello  Rahulpatel ,

I am Srijana Khadka and i am living in Germany. I have came here in a aupair visa and after one year i want to study master. i wanted to ask if 15th July is the deadline for submission of application then after that how long does it take to get admission? And i have heard that it takes nearly 2 or 3 months to get student visa. Is it possible to get visa before the classes run? I have no knowledge about it. Can you give me some information about it ?

Hello Srijana, as explained by beppi, the admission application procedure may vary from university to university. In normal scenario it will take 2-3 months but in some instance you might get admission letter after the start of university. It happened to me I got my letter after the university has started and I started my course around 1 month late..It's best to contact your university if you do not hear anything from them by end of september.

Regards

Hello,  I'm osoba from Nigeria. I'm presently planning on studying mechanical engineering(degree) in maybe university of Stuttgart, Germany. I've done a lot of research about studying there.  In the course, I learnt that learning the language is a prerequisite for mechanical engineering degree. so i visited the Goethe institute here in Nigeria. i was formally thinking I could apply this November against winter intake (October )next year. but I learnt that I would not have reached the required language level by then though I was thinking about applying for an intensive coaching.

so i decided to wait till next year before applying but I made this analysis.

Jan-April 2016 A1..
april-july A2..
sept. -dec B1 (application for oct.  2017)
Jan-April 2017 B2

.this is the presumed duration for the language course and I first felt it was kinda lengthy.
I don't know what to really do now.  do I still wait or not.  If i am going to wait, can admission be granted if an applicant is at the level I'll be as at the time of application. thanks for your advice in advance.

hello osoba,
it's me srijana. i am learning A2 in Germany. I don't think doing language course takes that long. You can take intensiv courses. If u take intensiv courses then perhaps you will get B2 passed by the end of june 2016. So you can apply for 2016 winter semester.
All the best.....

Many universities will allow you to learn German after arriving in Germany. For that you have to learn German for 6-8 months (1st Semester) and then you can start your course. I would recommend you to contact your university in Stuttgart to find out if they allow it or not.

As far as I know, the university of Stuttgart does not offer a Studienkolleg (6-12 month preparatory course for foreign students, which includes intensive language classes). Students who want to enter Stuttgart university are usually attending Studienkolleg in Karlsruhe.

Hello everyone, I'm zakaria from Morocco, I was working for the last 8 years a military Officer in my country where i get my bachelor degree in mechanical engineering (3 years) and a university and military studies diploma (4 years).
Im willing to apply for a master degree in Germany english programs but still can't find any related MA to my field (HSE security, health and environment or any other field related to my experience and my 4 years studies) I don't want to continue studying for mechanical engineering. Any suggestion will be appreciated
Zaaak: You replied to a thread that was dormant for seven years, so it is not sure the previous posters will reply.

This site will give you all the information you need about studying in Germany, as well as which courses are available where and what the entry requirements are: