T-Mobile, AT&T, or Sprint?

No sprint does not .When we first visited the island we didn't get any spirit service . Sprint servo e is very spotty in Puerto Rico.  So we had to buy at&t service . It's the best for the island.

Dear Sandra, that Sprint didn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't for other people. Both Mac and me have been here more than 10 years and we've been using Sprint for a long time. I travel all over the island for work and Sprint never let me down.

For everyone moving here, the best thing to do is check out the coverage map on the website of the provider you're interested in. Next get a prepaid or no-contract phone and check if it works in places where you want it to work.

We lived in cabo rojo and arecibo Sprint didn't work there and is off and on in Rincon . We also have at&t .It's the best provider on the island for phone and data

Verizon service in PR based on my experience sucks raw eggs. If that is all you have switch as soon as possible.

Definitely,  Verizon is worthless here.  Yet they have been claiming 4G service all over the island for years and will show you a map to "proove" it.  It simply is not true.

we use AT&T  -  covers the island well.  no complaints.

AT&T, yes; Verizon, no.

AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint seem to be fine in the island, different member of the forum use them and they seem to be pleased. Some have complained about Sprint but not everyone. There are other local MVNO but I recommend you stick with the main ones for now. If you are already using any of the above  ones, there is no need to re-start your contract, you can keep the stateside contract. If you want a local number you need to ask them for a local number but you don't have to either.