Liberty Cable

Does anyone know if  FOX news is carried on Liberty Cable.
I've been on hold with Liberty trying to get an answer for the past 19 minutes.

They do not... which is why I selected Liberty for my internet, and DISH for my Television. The prices are $11 more, for Dish, but for the Fox TV & News channels, it was a no brainer. Happy with my service here in Isabela.

No. Fox news is not on Liberty Cable.

If you get fox new from your cable at home.. you can stream on your device.
You can look at the App Store
Liberty will drive you crazy

You can access Fox news and 6 of the othe major stations through USTVNow.com for free. We use their premium service instead of the poor line up Liberty offers for their basic cable. They even have an online DVR option.

Karenqc wrote:

You can access Fox news and 6 of the othe major stations through USTVNow.com for free. We use their premium service instead of the poor line up Liberty offers for their basic cable. They even have an online DVR option.

Karen,

I tried to sign up, but they said I was in the US and could not get it?

They may be checking your source Ip or your credit card origin and disallowing you Sitka.

no - i put in usa, should use puerto rico (they list it seperatly)

I just had the best experience so far with liberty. They carry CNN and all the channels I watch back home in California. Let's just pray they continue to have great service going forward.

Like people are saying fox news is not on Liberty...

To watch it on ustvnow.com you need to upgrade to a paid account..

On ustvnow.com you can get the fox channel for free, but not the fox news channel..

If you just search though on google for "watch fox news online" you'll find a number of links...

Liberty so far has worked out for us. Was down one weekend. Something about them updating the system. You can request a English speaking customer service agent. Their customer service has been great.

Speaking of channels you can't get..

Liberty used to have MTV, but no longer...

So I want to get MTV, Bloomberg News and National Geographic Channels..

The only possible way for me to get those channels as where I live the Direct TV signal isn't available, is through Sling or DirecTVNow...

I was willing to go the extra 25 a month for that...j

Turns out neither Sling or DirecTVNow is available in PR...

If you really want DirecTVNow in PR you can get it, but involves a few extra moves...

Willing to go extra 25, but no more than that for 3 channels.. ha... at least yet...

Anyway... Time for Liberty to go big time...

To think you may go through life without... Ridiculousness...

Just is not right... Ya...

Anyway, I'm moving out to rincon in november, liberty looks like the only choice, I hope to keep service for just internet around 45 dollars a month, sound about right??  and are their taxes involved ?

knight4444 wrote:

Anyway, I'm moving out to rincon in november, liberty looks like the only choice, I hope to keep service for just internet around 45 dollars a month, sound about right??  and are their taxes involved ?

I am still in the states but I already cut the cord (no tv channels), using just Internet + Hulu + Netflix and Amazon Prime, and an antena for local channels.
Plain internet should work for you, what speed that is the next question based on your use but most times what you get is fine.

Cant tell you anything about Liberty but a lot of members in PR are using it.

Hello my friend, I kust want internet setvice. for surfing and Netflix and hulu. Lol.  And maybe using Wi-Fi for cell phone service.

Phone data plan using it as a hotspot is a good idea in case of an emergency, sometimes the internet providers like Liberty stop working so the phone hotspot feature is a good backup.

Excellent idea,  i can always count on your experience and wisdom,  thank you.   Ttyl.

ReyP wrote:

Phone data plan using it as a hotspot is a good idea in case of an emergency, sometimes the internet providers like Liberty stop working so the phone hotspot feature is a good backup.

yes, the hotspot is a good fix in a pinch - and with Liberty, pinches are frequent, very frequent.   :sosad:

knight4444 wrote:

Excellent idea,  i can always count on your experience and wisdom,  thank you.   Ttyl.

One important item ..... Verizon does not work well in PR, all others like ATT, Tmobile and Sprint work fine. If you are using Verizon I suggest you switch.

AT&T covers the island - works well with a few dead zones (for hillbillies).

We travel all over the Island and have no problems with Verizon.

I have AT&T right now and I wanted to transfer my service there, they said they don't service puerto rico, what's going on??

internet speed? anything over 18 mbps  i have 12mbps now and it's too slow

AT&T has cellular service on the island.  They also offer direct tv, but as I recall, their IS is not fast enough  to support streaming movies.

Keep your AT&T stateside no need to change anything. Just have them give you a new number and change the address. No need for a new plan or anything.
ATT is in PR but the local plans have different limits, keep what you got unless there is a need which is not likely.

Guys we are bordering around areas where we should not be going in this forum!!!!!!!

Needs to stop

AT&T , liberty I'll probably just switch to liberty and call it a day    thank you for the information @Rey

We'll be moving to the east side next spring - Luquillo, Fajardo, Naguabo - in that vicinity.  Is Liberty the best bet there as well?  I need good internet to upload some pretty big audio files to clients, plus we've cut the cable cord as well and just do Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.  We also do Sling here in SC, but it sounds like that's out in PR.  Which I'm fine with really.  Any other Internet providers worth looking at?

Liberty works well for us here in Fajardo. Every time we've had a problem with slow or no internet, customer service has handled it immediately and has sent a tech out within a day, which is far better service than I ever had with Comcast or Verizon in the states.

That's great to hear.  It's a pretty big deal for me because I need it to work well daily for my work.  What is your cost per month and at what speeds if you don't mind me asking?

I have the 60/6 plan for $60/mo.  Just added basic cable for $20 more for cnn, msnbc and the regular networks (nbc, abc, cbs, etc).  we already have roku and amazon stick but thought we should have access to some sort of local news so added on the tv + phone which isn't a bad deal at all.

That sounds like just the ticket for us too.  Thanks!

Hi Eric,
If you can, try and talk to your neighbors regarding Liberty's performance in that particular area.  You can read some of my previous posts - in short, our service was less than stellar.  Liberty was the only authorized provider in our development, so we were stuck.  However, friends living one neighborhood down didn't seem to have as many issues.  Our would go out 2-3 times per week for several hours at a time.  I was doing schoolwork, and it was frustrating.  Hope this helps!