Will you learn Chinese in China?

Like the subject memtioned.

Yes, once you arrive here you realize how important it is.  You realize how necessary a little Chinese is when you arrive at the airport and need to speak to a taxi driver.  It's also absolutely necessary if you want to go out and eat (given you don't have a Chinese friend with you all the time).  Each place has its own dialect, but everyone will be able to speak to you in Putonghua (standard Mandarin).  I suggest you to start taking classes online.  I started before I came here online with Surf Chinese, and they have helped a lot.

Yes, you are right, all the foeigners come to China for travel or business may need the Chinese for help. That's great idea, online Chinese classes. Where were you from?

no other interesting?

It's not easy. JW

:)
every language just need practice. i know some foreign freinds who can speak fluent chinese. besides they can speak cantonese. but i cant understand cantonese and cant speak. poor me :(

learning a foreign language is not an easy job,  but since you are in china, you can practice it with natives at everywhere and any time, it becomes much easier.that just depends on your willing,persistence,enthusiasium.

Indeed, you just need at least 3 months to full time study, i think, the environment is quite important just like the Chinese in oversea to learn the language. Is it ok for you not study Chinese but staying in China?

Warrenao wrote:

Yes, you are right, all the foeigners come to China for travel or business may need the Chinese for help. That's great idea, online Chinese classes. Where were you from?

I'm originally from the Philippines, but have spent some time in the US and Spain working.  I now live here in China and love it!  Learning the language is great, I really love learning Chinese.

She suggest me about that idea, i think.

Warrenao wrote:

Hey, if you wanna learn Chinese, I think I can help.  I work for a Chinese school in zhujiang Newtown~