Cost of living in the Seychelles

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in the Seychelles.

Don't forget to mention where in the Seychelles you are living.

How much does it cost to live in the Seychelles?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

Hi,
Please i will like to know exactly how much someone need to earn to live a comfortable life in Seychelles.

Peters

Hello Team,

Am a kenyan and have been offered a job in Seychelles with a monthly earning of USD 1150.

Can this sustain me on housing, food, transport, occassional holiday and still remain with some savings?

On average approximation, how much budget do i need per month.

Kindly assist me know.

Welcome to Expat.com, billmburugu :)
I hope you'll soon get responses from active members in the forum.
Cheers
Arlette

Hi Kinan!

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you very much for the useful informations. It will definitely help other expats who want to move to Seychelles.

All the best,
Christine

Hi All!!

Im a Seychelllois student currently studying in France and would like to know if you know of any interesting job offers in the tourism field?

I wouldn't mind working in mauritius as well:))

Regards

Ast

seems you guys haven't got any answer to your questions, right?
Would be nice to see answers, as I'm also looking for the same.

badka wrote:

seems you guys haven't got any answer to your questions, right?
Would be nice to see answers, as I'm also looking for the same.

Hi
If you are looking to see how expensive places are then www.numbeo.com is a fairly good site, so you could make a start there.

Hello everyone

I am looking to move to the far east soon but I happened to come across Seychelles section of this forum. I have a friend who lives and works in the Seychelles (another northerner). He has told me that life, even for a foreigner who lives and gets paid decent money is still very expensive and it is difficult to get by. He is now looking to return back soon as things are getting tight. Place is beautiful apparently but only for a holiday (well so he says).

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

accommodation prices : If you work for Govt, the accommodation will be provided by them. Even some private companies provide accommodation. Normally the house rent may be around 5000 SCR or more..

Public transportation fares : The public bus charges 5 Rs. You can travel in that bus from the starting point to the ending point in that 5 rs. If u change the bus again you hav to get a ticket for another 5 Rs. Thus Bus ticket remains same for all the stops. If you go for taxi, its little costly say 30 Rs minimum.

food prices : it depends on the type of food you eat.If you go for restaurants, it costs minimum 300 per person( I am a pure vegetarian) without any alcoholic drinks..For non vegetarians it may be double.. If you go for take away, it costs around 50 Rs or more. If you cook on your own,its cheap n best... For us, a family of 2,it costs around 1200 Rs per month(PURE VEGETARIAN, no alcohols) ...

health prices : Since its provided by ministry for us, I don't have any idea about it.

eduction prices : In private school of course you have to pay. It may cost around 10000 per semester.

energy prices : petrol price is around 23 per litre..and electricity Rs 1.60 per unit..

common bills It depends on th package u choose. On the whole it may cost around 1700 SCR.

prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant : It depends

prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub : No idea

price of the cinema : may be 100 Rs..

hi

thanks for that info, very helpful.

that 5000 SRC for rent, I assume thats a month?

thanks

and how moch is this 5000rsc to euro
   THX

hi normally room rent is 3000 to 5000 SCR per month for a flat in appartment which could be 1 or 2 bed room in mont fleuri, rates differ in other parts of Mahe.

My friend who born and work in Seychelles tell me...... Sebastien don't come in Seychelles for a salary less than 3,000 Euro to get a good and comfortable life. Have a nice day!:cool: