New Friends In Jakarta

Hey everyone, I've been in Jakarta for 3 months and am here for 9 more.

I'd like to meet people of all nationalities: Indonesians, Europeans, Americans....everyone and anyone!

Get in touch and we can arrange something x

Hello LadyRaRa,

I agree! It would be nice to start organizing an Expat.com meet up :) as is already being done on many forums here. Best thing would be to choose a subject/theme, a location, a date (not to near to allow people to get organized) and start a new topic with relevant title!

Wish you good luck
Arlette

Hey there

I would love to meet up for coffee and hang out
I just got back from Canada since 2 months ago and will be living in Jakarta till next year

Hi Lady,
welcome to jkt. how ru doing? sure we can b friends...let me knoe when u r free to meet or coffee.

i live in south jkt. have great stay....

Hey there think this is a good idea...hopefully something can be arranged...

well if u lookin for 90's songs performed live... i know some places... guess what... they will share stages with u also... ;)

[center]i am a cook in one of famous resto in jkt,. jst wana b your friend..
we can hava good time here in jakarta.;)

Hi i am spanish guy, NeXT monday I will be living in JAkarta, I hope to get in touch with you. Bye

hola rara

Hi Lady Rara,

I have been on your blog and liked it.
I have a very same opinion about Bali/Kuta ...
But like you I really appreciate indonesian culture.
Let's keep in touch.
Pierre / French

New friends are always welcomed in my life.
Contact me and we can spend some time over coffee or tea :)

cheers

Hi All,

will be posted somewhere mid of this month. I'm from Singapore could meet up with you folks and learn valuable experience living in Jakarta.

Hi there,

Myself and a friend, both IT professionals and expats in Singapore, will be visiting Jakarta over Chinese New Year (Feb 2nd - 6th). We're both English / Australian and in our 40s (well Glyn is more 40's than me).

Don't suppose you'd be willing to meet us for lunch / drinks ?

Kind regards - Don.

looking for friends in jkt...may direct email to [email protected]
tq

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

@ lady rara : please arrange time to meet up.. :D maybe beers and live music :D nice to meet ya on this site

Hi alls,
I'm new in Jakarta, just moving about a week and will stay in Indonesia for couple of years... I would like to hang out with other too...

HI June,

Welcome to Jakarta! U ni org kl ke?

Mel

hi Themel,

Yes I am Malaysian... You juga orang malaysia?

Yup :)

Where do you live in Jakarta? me at Kemayoran ....

At pluit/kelapa gading. How are u settling in? Are u starting work in Jan?

My office at Mangga Dua.. Already started my work ... I'm not happy with Kemayoran residence area... but what to do all set up by my management... I'm prefer Senayan area....how about you?
how long been in jakarta?

I see..that's a horrendously high-traffic area! Can u request for housing elsewhr? Perhaps near mangga dua so it's closer to life and work? Senayan may be a lil crazy for u to get to work everyday. I'm pretty new here myself but I reckon there's not much going on in kemayoran. Have u familiarised urself with Jkt and do u hv many friends here?

yes, anyway I need to moving out from current unit after january so I think i will ask to move in mangga dua area... I'm totally zero about Jakarta or about the road or etc in Jakarta..

for working the company driver will fetch me (go and back from office) I went to carrefour to get some stuff, but i found out hard to get imported food (pasta not many choices, Wine and etc)

no friends except office colleague....

That's good. I think there are many apts around mangga dua..or else try hayam wuruk or ancol, as they're pretty close to ur ofc too. Hv u visited jkt prior to this? I hope it's not a big shock or anything :) if u hv time, try to explore bandung, as it's a lil dif and the air is cooler there.

For imported stuff, try places like Kemchicks, Hero or some of the mini fruit shops..they sell more variety than Carrefour. For everyday stuff, Carrefour, Giant and Hypermart are doable.

hi everyone!! I'm pretty new to Jakarta as well! Just been here for one month. I fancied a beer tonight (Christmas Eve). Anyone got any thoughts?! :-)

Hiya Agent...

Darn I should have joined this blog like years ago... Too bad.

Anyways, I hope you had an awesome beer night.  The New Year's Eve is coming though.  Any plans yet?

agent1982 wrote:

hi everyone!! I'm pretty new to Jakarta as well! Just been here for one month. I fancied a beer tonight (Christmas Eve). Anyone got any thoughts?! :-)

hello ,

ah i was free last night lol, shame it was late... anyway, welcome to jakarta :)

@ lady RaRa, hey dear.. which part of jakarta do you stay in?

Hi every one..
Welcome and enjoy Jakarta.. nice to know you all...
:)

Hey all,

I had a good night! Just went out on my own in the end around Jakasa! Too much beer and the usual christmas day hangover!! That's about as far as my christmas tradition goes I'm afraid :-) now I'm back searching for an apartment again in Kelapa Gading because the owners of my kost are *&^%$£" Jakarta is not an easy place to settle into! I have no plans for nye yet. But I want to go drinking and dancing. I will try and formulate a plan and get back to peops unless anyone has any good ideas :-)

agent1982 wrote:

Hey all,

I had a good night! Just went out on my own in the end around Jakasa! Too much beer and the usual christmas day hangover!! That's about as far as my christmas tradition goes I'm afraid :-) now I'm back searching for an apartment again in Kelapa Gading because the owners of my kost are *&^%$£" Jakarta is not an easy place to settle into! I have no plans for nye yet. But I want to go drinking and dancing. I will try and formulate a plan and get back to peops unless anyone has any good ideas :-)

THE "traditional" place where many expatriates go to have a good night-out of dining, beer and dancing is the South Jakarta neighborhood of Kemang.  There are about 50 million (okay, maybe not that many) pubs, bars, restos, clubs, cafes, to choose from - even a stand-up comedy bar featuring English speaking comics performing every night. I work in Kemang, so I pretty much know my way around.

Jalan Jaksa in Central Jakarta is also popular, but I'd keep that as a last possible option if I were you.

Hi All,
welcome to Jakarta, maybe we can enjoy the holiday season this year together :-)

agent1982 wrote:

Hey all,

Hey, hmm yes I would suggest you to go to kemang instead, it's safer thou..
Ah so you are still looking for a place there, then?
I guess I could help, just send me an email to [email protected]
I have some friends who lives in apartment around kelapa gading

And also, if anyone here has a good plan for new year, feel free to share :)

Cheers,

Mitha

I think I have found an apartment now! I've been looking solidly for 3 days now! Hmmmm....Kemang sounds good! I would quite like to go there for new years. It is far from Kelapa Gading, that's why I went to Jl. Jaksa and I don't own a helicopter or a flying car yet!! Any good suggestions for a place/time to meet? Misterdon...you must be able to provide the info!! :-)

agent1982 wrote:

I think I have found an apartment now! I've been looking solidly for 3 days now! Hmmmm....Kemang sounds good! I would quite like to go there for new years. It is far from Kelapa Gading, that's why I went to Jl. Jaksa and I don't own a helicopter or a flying car yet!! Any good suggestions for a place/time to meet? Misterdon...you must be able to provide the info!! :-)

Oh, I sure do... How about this: a couple rounds of booze at 365 Eco Bar (one of my personal favorites) or beer at Birdie Warung Bir (an outdoorsy beer / live music joint, very popular among expats in Kemang for some reason), and off to check out the clubs afterwards. 

Though there aren't any super clubs in Kemang as most just offer commercial house / progressive beat all out till you go deaf, a few are really worth trying like Nu China, Tipsy, or the "naughtier" Triple9.  Barcode on the rooftop of the La Codefin is also popular, and all are within walking distance from one another (given that you like walking).  If you've got more bucks to spare and prefer quieter / classier but obviously more expensive places, SHY Papilion Rooftop and Murphy's Irish Pub are just around the corner.

It's your call, agent... wanna meet up?  Anytime you like... :)  Ping me up on my yahoo messenger.

Just a friendly tip:  start off earlier from Kelapa Gading so you can get to Kemang before or around 8pm, especially this coming weekend.  Arrive later than that and your NYE in Kemang will quickly become an intimate night with the taxicab driver as you are stuck for hours in the frustrating traffic... ;)

Lol..an intimate night with the cabbie sounds like something that could happen to anyone who lives in jkt, all thanks to the jams!

On that note, have a great ny eve guys, and happy new year!!!

What traffic jams?!! haha

Anyone else want to come?!! Kamang 7-8pm?

Lol so which place that you guys choose to come first, as for me it still seems unsure.. I probably come with you guys..
Just wondering how to stay in touch, should I inbox ya all?

sure sure, Mitha... the more the merrier... if all turns for worse, at least we'll be stuck together in the taxicab... ;)