INFORMATION ABOUT DAY-TO-DAY LIFE IN SUDAN

2 minutes ago
Hi All

I need info :)

I accepted a position as am English Teacher at a Private School in Khartoum and will  arrive in Sudan in mid-July. I would appreciate it if any one could fill me in about life in Sudan in regards to:

1. Appropriate clothes for a woman to wear
2. BestCe ll Phone Service Provider
3. Best Bank
4. FB/Whatsapp/G-mail : are they blocked there ?? Would I need VPN??
5. General things I need to prepare for 
6. Public transport
7. Common pitfalls and problems
8. Safety ??

Thanks SO much :))

Nassie

hi nassie  and wlcomu in sudan :) 
1-Appropriate clothes for a woman to wear ,you can wear trousers with a shirt or T-Shirt also u can wear Wear a skirt below the knee and if you want go to night party you can wear any Long dress or short .   

2-BestCe ll Phone Service Provider(there are 3 Telecom companies zain,sudani and mtn There is no one better than the other u can use anyone And all of them have a reduction in the price of calls especially sudani and if u want to use internet  :nothappy: all All telecommunications companies in the internet  service is poor by theway when u come first used zain .

3. Best Bank ( in this part i dont know but i think all sudanese Use the Faisal Islamic Bank also and bank of khartoum) also i think Sudanese French Bank has Excellent banking services.

4-FB/Whatsapp/G-mail : are they blocked there ?? Would I need VPN?? ( nothing is blocked you can used all of them and you dont need vpn)

5-General things I need to prepare for  ( :/  really idont know )

6- Public transport(Buses to the general public carrying more than thirty people and there is a private taxi (u can called it taxi or amjad )individual transportation service, but the price differs from the price of bass
7-saftey khartoum is saftey so dont worry

Thank you Nony I do appreciate your feedback :))