This forum (Sudan forum) is quite useless

I am really disappointed.

Participation is very low.

People rarely answer questions.

No activity.

Before moving to Sudan I was an active member of both Cairo and Egypt forums and they were quite hot and lots of information were exchanged among members both locals - like myself - and expats.

But here, God forbid

Why is that?

P.S: I am sure this "controversial" post will get no replies (except from admins) since no body even checks the page (or sometimes they do but never bother to reply !)

Oh I am sorry to hear that. That's too bad.. Debate, communication and exchanging of ideas are important. Can you tell me what the Internet usage rate in Sudan is?? On average how many people have/use the Internet? Is it expensive? If so, can people easily access it by other means? Via cages or libraris?

Would you mind telling me about Sudan? Everything and anything I am happy to learn :) I hear only things from the news and maybe I will wiki it too, but it is nice to hear from locals :)

I am originally South Africa,

Cheers :)

Vaneshree wrote:

Oh I am sorry to hear that. That's too bad.. Debate, communication and exchanging of ideas are important. Can you tell me what the Internet usage rate in Sudan is?? On average how many people have/use the Internet? Is it expensive? If so, can people easily access it by other means? Via cages or libraris?

Would you mind telling me about Sudan? Everything and anything I am happy to learn :) I hear only things from the news and maybe I will wiki it too, but it is nice to hear from locals :)

I am originally South Africa,

Cheers :)

I have been here for only 3 weeks. Internet penetration in Sudan is quite high .... with lots of prices and price ranges (few SDGs a day up to hundreds of SDGs a month) .... For instance I have unlimited Internet pack added to my mobile phone for 16 SDG/month which enables me to use Skype on the go as well as email, Facebook ...etc.

Internet is quite affordable and widely used that is what I noticed.

About Sudan I have been only in Khartoum. People are very friendly, patient, courteous and hospitable .... Some costs of life are quite cheaper (meat for instance is super cheap !) while some other things (like products subject to the US embargo) are super expensive ....

Last but not least, Sudan is one of the fewest countries in the world that doesn't give a heck about losing tourists because of reciprocating visa rules. If your country is not welcoming to the Sudanese they return the favor (for instance visa for Europeans here is very difficult) and I have to say I respect that very much.

Hi The Egyptian, regarding your question, maybe that you should be a bit patient.;)
You are an active member on the website, you know how it works.:)

Please do share your experience with other members on the Sudan forum, i'm sure with your help / participation, the Sudan forum will be an active forum like Egypt and Cairo. ;)

Thank you very much.

Harmonie.

Harmonie wrote:

Hi The Egyptian, regarding your question, maybe that you should be a bit patient.wink
You are an active member on the website, you know how it works.smile

Please do share your experience with other members on the Sudan forum, i'm sure with your help / participation, the Sudan forum will be an active forum like Egypt and Cairo. wink

Thank you very much.

Harmonie.

Yes I am patient Harmonie but so many questions go unanswered or ignored, completely unlike the Cairo/Egypt forum where people are quite interactive.

Hi the Egyptian,

we need you to make the Sudan forum as active as the Egypt one ;)

up~~
btw, sb knows any place for swimming and volleyball in khartoum, with good price? :D;):P:lol::cool::D

Julien wrote:

Hi the Egyptian,

we need you to make the Sudan forum as active as the Egypt one ;)

:D yes sir :D

chinaren2009 wrote:

up~~
btw, sb knows any place for swimming and volleyball in khartoum, with good price? :D;):P:lol::cool::D

@ Rotana hotel you can use the pool for 120 SDG/day

ahhhh, hugely expensive~~~~

The Egyptian wrote:
chinaren2009 wrote:

up~~

@ Rotana hotel you can use the pool for 120 SDG/day

Dear chinaren2009,

You have the following options:-

1- Greek Club's swimming pool:  from 10 to 10. But you have to pay every time you go there, last time I checked it was about 20 SDG.

2- Corinthia Hotel: Again you have to pay every time you go (around 50 SDG) if you will only use the swimming pool. Membership is not cheap though.

3- Rotana (you've already said it's expensive).

4- Almulook Lake: It's a new swimming pool that I've not checked yet. Located on Mohammed Nagieb St.

5- The German Guest House: Also you have to pay every time you go there, last time I checked it was around 20 SDG. Its location is in Taief.

Cheers-Taha,

TahaTaha wrote:

Dear chinaren2009,

You have the following options:-

1- Greek Club's swimming pool:  from 10 to 10. But you have to pay every time you go there, last time I checked it was about 20 SDG.

2- Corinthia Hotel: Again you have to pay every time you go (around 50 SDG) if you will only use the swimming pool. Membership is not cheap though.

3- Rotana (you've already said it's expensive).

4- Almulook Lake: It's a new swimming pool that I've not checked yet. Located on Mohammed Nagieb St.

5- The German Guest House: Also you have to pay every time you go there, last time I checked it was around 20 SDG. Its location is in Taief.

Cheers-Taha,

Thks for ur information, Taha, i will go to check it when i go back to khartoum, now i m in china for holiday. :)

Cheers

well yeah egyptian friend, it is not an active forum, i also realized that,
anyways what do u guys think if we can organize it to meet each other somewhere in an open p;ace such as the south african embassy or alriyadh park or in any public area,

like to make south african frioends
as i was lving in pretoria for almost 4 years,

and am back now
my email [email protected]
for serious friends to contact me there
cheers
mujahid

:one mazin nain!

Dear Mazin,

Sure I would love to meet up.

mine is taha.shariff(at)gmail.com

Cheers-Taha,