Marriage and life in HaBana

Hello to all :)
My name is Victor and am new to this blog.
I am looking to get married to my fiancee who lives in Camaguey Cuba.
I was born in Puerto Rico, therefore a USA citizen.
Currently living in Florida.
I am retired and have a pretty good income stream.
Would like to  get information and advice on how to go about getting married in Habana.

Thanks

vjimene45 wrote:

Hello to all :)
My name is Victor and am new to this blog.
I am looking to get married to my fiancee who lives in Camaguey Cuba.
I was born in Puerto Rico, therefore a USA citizen.
Currently living in Florida.
I am retired and have a pretty good income stream.
Would like to  get information and advice on how to go about getting married in Habana.

Thanks

By the way I have seen that the divorce decree that is given in english must be translated to spanish and certified by Cuban authorities in the USA. I have looked and looked and other than physically going to Washington DC to the Cuban Interests Section and getting that done I don't see any way of acomplishing this task.
Anyone know where in Florida I can get the divorce decree blessed by the Cuban authorities?

I no longer contribute to Ex-Pat as Ricardo58 joined. But if you search my old contributions you will find out about marrying in Cuba. I am married to a Cuban.

Thanks, I will search for them.....  :)

Thanks MacDuff. Read through.  Got quite a few great tips,

I am Canadian and married a Cuban last year, This is a list of the steps I needed to go through for the Cuban government in order to get married.
1) Provide my divorce certificate, notarized
2) Provide a statute letter of single status, to say I haven't been married since that divorce. ($200 CAN)
3) Send this off to a legal translator. One that is accepted. I used a law firm in Ontario that does work for the Cuban embassy. ($200 CAN)
4) Once this is done, it all gets sent to the Cuban embassy in your country. They will take both english and spanish documents and legalize them for the Cuban government. They then send it all back to you. ($1,100 CAN)
5) Took all this to the Lawyer/Notary in Cuba that was performing the wedding to make it legal. ($700 CUC) plus ($200 CUC worth of stamps) for her to mail documents to legalize and file marriage.

Hope this helps.

Dave,
I am about to marry a Cuban girl in November.
I already have my documents notarizes and stamped by the Cuban Consulate here in Toronto.
Please advise me in detail of the next steps.
Thanks,
Daryl

If you already have the documents notarized by the Cuban embassy then the next step is to give them to the person performing the ceremony. We got married at a resort but hired a notary/lawyer to perform the ceremony to make it legal. She took the documents. We paid her $700 cuc to perform it and then file it with the Cuban government. Plus we had to go and get her $200 cuc worth of stamps for her to mail everything. Seemed expensive, but that's what she charged.
We only had to give the documents about 2 days before the ceremony. So no need to ship them down.

Four questions:
Can any lawyer do that?
Have you ever heard of the International Marriage Bureau in Havana?
Where and why was she mailing the documents?
Can you give me her name and number?
Thanks,
Daryl

I assume any lawyer can do it. We bought a wedding package at a resort in Varadero. They are a symbolic wedding,  so to make it legal they set up the lawyer. I can't remember her name. They just sent us to her.
I think she was mailing them to have them filed as a legal marriage. It took a few months before we got our marriage certificate. We needed that to finish the papers for my wife's visa to come.
No, I haven't heard of that place.

Thanks Dave,

No worries. Is your wife looking to come to Canada after?
That's a whole other process I've been through.

Currently she says no. We'll see. She lives in a Salk town the country and is tied to her mom but things do change.

Yeah. My wife's excited but nervous. Cubans are very family orientated. So once she's here, she'll probably make many trips back.

Hi I am a US citizen hoping to marry my Cuban fiance. I need proof of single status document but the one that my county courthouse gave me only goes back 10 years. Is there one I can get that goes back from the time I was no longer a minor until present?