Things to do in California during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in California?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in California?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

What part of California do you live? Southern or Northern? There is about a 6-9 hour driving distance between the two so you  will need to give a little info about which part you are located in.

Toncoisetmonique wrote:

you  will need to give a little info about which part you are located in.

I don't think this is a post asking for advice.  Christine is an admin who lives in Mauritius and I'm sure she doesn't truly want to know what to do at the weekends in CA.

Admin and mods often post these kinds of questions to start a conversation, and perhaps if the conversation is good, to make stickies out of them.

In that case, the question is very vague as California is a State. I would imagine there should be two separate forums. One for things to do in Northern California and one for Southern California as they offer two very different vibes.

My answer, just to get the ball rolling: 

In warm months:  day hiking (both of us), mountain biking (spouse), body surfing (spouse), swimming (spouse), lying by the pool (both of us).  Since we lived half a block from the most beautiful beach in Southern CA for several decades, beach activities were our everyday things.

In the winter:  skiing (spouse), taking photos of snow scenes (me).  For almost 5 years, we lived up in the mountains where it snowed on and off between November and February and we both loved it, more than we loved sunny days.

Every summer, we attended Sawdust Festival, Arts-A-Fair, and Festival of Arts, all three were held annually in our town.