Grocery & Quality Meat in Nha Trang?

Hello,

I just recently moved to Nha Trang. I like to cook and I've visited the 3 well known supermarkets. Not having much luck finding good quality meat. Is there any butcher shops here?

I get chicken breast from Big C - seem they're the only place that sell it. They seem to be out of stock of many grocery items and have very little imported western food items.

Maximart is the best for groceries I think, but they need larger premises. Their beef is tough. I think that's because they don't sell any with fat marbling - it's just pure red meat.

Nha Trang Center supermarket have some decent packaged meats and cheeses.

I wont buy any meat from open air markets because of hygiene issues. 

I went to Metro, which was a really long bike ride and I had a hell of a time getting a membership card. The staff just refused to acknowledge my request for a card. (I don't speak Vietnamese). Eventually they just gave me a one day pass.

Any other grocery or meat options I don't know about? I'd love some good quality beef steak.

Thanks

You missed one more: Co.op Mart. And if you don't mind the price, a very small Japanese grocery store at Bavico Hotel sells Wagyu beef from Japan.

timthoang wrote:

You missed one more: Co.op Mart. And if you don't mind the price, a very small Japanese grocery store at Bavico Hotel sells Wagyu beef from Japan.

Thanks for the info. Wagyu beef sure sounds good, but will I need to take out a loan to buy it?