I need your advice

hi everyone   i want to see philippines    after two week  i will come  to stay about 12 days  and  i need you to share me  about what is the best places and mall and hotels
and is it safe?

Hi pelllooo! Welcome Expat-blog! :) Hope you get responses soon..

Good luck
Christine

when do you intend to come in? it will all depend on your preferences. would you like the beach, city, cold weather, mall, etc? would you prefer just within Metro Manila, Luzon, visayas or mindanao? how much is your budget?

pinaymentor

MABUHAY! (WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES) This is the first thing you will hear.

Now going back to your question, what is the best places and mall and hotels...what are your interests? What would you like to see? Philippines has more than 7,000 islands but basically divided into 3 LUZON, VISAYAS and MINDANAO...each one has their own specialty and distinction...so I am going to ask you again...what are your interests?

In every nation, there are security issues and that depends when and where are you going...Tourists areas in the Philippines are provided with more security for their safety...

I invite you to hook up with us in Facebook

Should you need assistance, feel free to ask further.

Kind regards,
Maureen

Yes Iam American and my wife is Philippa and we plan to retire in the Philippines in within the next two yrs. My Question is what will i have to do to get Visa to live there. I here so many things like i have to put up 50,000.00 in bank for 6 months is this true.

Thanks Bill

I am a Filipina and married to an American who just moved back here in Manila this year. Let me know what your age is and if you have a monthly pension, then, I can tell you what are the requirements to have a visa. Another option is since you are married to a Filipina, you can get a spousal visa. Make sure that you get your marriage certificate authenticated at the Phil Consulate in your area. Send me a buzz if you need help on this so we can help you go through the whole process without too much hassle. Proper preparation of appropriate documents is the key :)

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

Hi Bill, welcome to Expat.com :)
There is also an interesting article on obtaining a visa if you're married to a Filipina in the Guide for expatriate life in Philippines.
Hope this helps
Arlette

Hey, thanks for the quick reply from everyone. My age is 60 and i plan to retire there next year. We are now looking for property on the net. But again i was not sure on what route i should take on getting a visa for staying in country. Thanks again for you help.
Bill

I just arrived in May this year to be with my Filipina wife in Malolos City and I found the easiest approach for the visa is to visit the Philippines embassy in your country or you may want to call them  as their web sites are not always up to date on the requirements. As pinaymentor mentioned documentation preparation is the key...its easy to do by yourself, and no need to spend money on brokers etc. We are looking at buying a property and found going through the banks you can get a good deal, as there are plenty of foreclosures that the banks want to sell. Metro Bank and BPI have some good properties and you have the security of dealing with good companies( if thats what you can call banks hahaha). The UK experience is different to what I did in Australia to get a 13A, no interview or anything, just got all the documentation together and sent it to their embassy in Canberra, so it may be different in USA.