Foreigners Survival Guide for Germany

Laura2021: I cannot see the link yet (waiting to be unlocked or removedby the moderators), but I would not order anything before talking to the German doctor who takes over the treatment.
Also, make sure how you will be health-insured before you decide anything (incl. the move): If you have to join the private insurance scheme for some reason, they can (and probably will) exclude potentially expensive pre-existing conditions like diabetes and blood pressure!

Thanks, Beppi.
I found it on Lulu, and it's got the same cover (which I liked) as the English version "Blood Pressure Log Book. In German it's called "Mein Blutdruck-Buch".
Will need to look into the insurance side of things....
Thanks

laura2021 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your very informative and interesting post.
I am particularly interested in how efficient the German health care system is as family would need to be under GP care with diabetes and high blood pressure once we move.
I have found a blood pressure log online, in German language, do you think this would be helpful in monitoring BP and also be welcomed by German doctors as a basis for monitoring and diagnosis?

https://www.lulu.com/en/gb/shop/ute-ogh … pageSize=4

Thanks for your feedback before I order this....

Germany has good health care. You should of course find a regular doctor that has experience with these issues. I can't make a judgement on the book you link to. It seems to basically be a diary to keep track of one's blood pressure. Not sure why any standard diary or even note pad or a simple Excel or Word document on one's computer could not be used for the same purpose...

Now that I can also see the link:
This seems to be a USA website, where of course German books are rare.
A short Google search shows that very similar blood pressure tracking books are available in Germany for a fraction of the price. (And why won't you use an English one - 99% of German doctors understand enough English to read such lists!)
However, the US$18 it costs are reasonable if it helps keeping good health.

@TominStuttgart

You are right