Tromso

hello,

I would like to move to Tromso
any idea about life there?
cost of living? (rent, food)
they offer me a contract about 390000 NOK/year is it good?

many thanks

390 000 is fairly average. Depends on what you you do, if you're a carpenter or work in a fish processing factory it is good, if you're a medical doctor or computer engineer you could do better.

You should have no problem surviving on it. Expect just over 30 % tax most months (except june and december). If you are single, a reasonable place to live should run about 6 000 - 9 000 per month plus electricity. More if you have a family and need more room.

Some people are still trying to cover their housing overinvestment by renting out new-built apartments that they couldn't sell. Those run about 10 000 - 12 000 per month. Be careful with those, they often want a clause in the rent contract that lets them boot you out instantly if they should find a buyer.

The city is a place of 70 000 - 80 000 people. It punches well above its weight in nightlife and culture by virtue of being the biggest place within 500 miles, and sucking in all the trade and partying from the villages around.

"Above its weight" is still a very large distance below Paris, though.

The local astrophysics are creative and artistic. It is considered the best place in the world for seeing the Aurora.

Snow normally stays on the ground from mid-december to the end of April. Winter sports opportunities are good. The climate is cool but not cold, with the gulf stream keeping things from any extremes.

It has the modern conveniences, and there is an intercontinental airport, from which the budget airline Norwegian flies to a number of destinations in Europe, and some in Asia and Africa.

Thx for ur useful informations
about the tax why in june and decembre the tax is diffrent?
and also they told me that in tromso the municipal tax is almost 24% while in other cities this is about 28% is it true?
Thx