New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hungary forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hungary if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hello,

My name is Justin. I have a Hungarian partner named Aliz and we have been together for 3 1/2 years. I love the Balaton, Hungarian food and language. I am currently living in the UK and I am originally from Brooklyn, NY.

Hey ..
My name is Veer. I am from India. Planning to move in Hungary. .. as my girl lives there. . But I read that it's hard to find a job there.. can you suggest me how can I do that.. I am in the field of It Computers. Expertise in hardware and networking and .net.

Hi. I'm new in Budapest. From SA's City of Gold to this awesome City of bridges. Love dogs (they joined us and loves it too). Looking to make friends to chat and tell nore about life in Budapest.

Hi!
My name is Maria, and I'm a 19-year-old vegetarian from Poland!
I will be moving to Kecskemet, Hungary in september 2015 as a part of an European Voluntary Service.

I could really use your advice on how Hungary works, and language-learning techniques ;)

I have been working here for 25 years.

I live in america in winter.

I am a farmer so end of November I leave Hungary as there
is not much work to do. I come back early March  when
crops begin to grow.

I was invited here by the goverment of  mr Antall..It is sad
he died in office..    i am probably the most unpopular
man in Hungary  but i am told there at still 700 foreign
farmers here.

I have lived most of my time in the countryside.  Life and
thinking is completely different  from that of Budapest.

When i first came here.  Shops and restaurants  were full.

Now everything is quiet in the countryside.  .many people have left.

Hungary has a hugh potential for farming but the big
farmers  seem to be  pushing the small farners out.

Also this country is now full of bureaucratic paper work.!!

It is all rather sad.  But as I have been here 25 years i have
become part of this crazy system..

I enjoy going to USA   in the winter time.. It is  gives one a chance to get back to normality

I should have settled in USA but i did not.  I would have
made more progress  .  And led an easier life..!!

So welcome all expats..  Marry all the Jobbik farmers Daughters!!!    The next generation will be better. I feel
sure.!!

Welcome to the forum, Mr Reynolds. We have met a couple of times at Balaton Brits meetings plus I once delivered a volunteer to you. It is interesting to hear about the changes you have seen as a long term expat. and I hope you will make future contributions along those lines. :cheers:

Moderated by Priscilla
Reason : No free ads here please, register in the business directory

Hi,
My name is Niki. I am an English teacher and I also teach Hungarian as a Foreign Language. I live in Pécs, which is a lovely city in the South of Hungary :)

Hello everyone,
I'm Alberto, originally from Milan (Italy) but lived overseas for the past 4 years (Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand...) . I am currently living and working in Budapest and.. I love this city!!! :D Nice to meet you all.

Hi Guys
Probably it is surprising that being  a native Hungarian and  I am looking for  Brithis expats community.. :)  Me and my wife  spend the lost 13 years in UK London, planing to go back  to Budapest and we would be pleased to keep in touch with British people who lives in Budapest. We haven't been there for the lost 6 years , probable you guys knowing better what's happening there , are returning date is mid August hopefully thanx tho this blog we can meet British expats  relocated in hungry . Thanx Vicror

Hullo everybody,
I am from Noida, India and wish to live in Budapest for some months. I need help from a localite since I have no one known there. I am a software engineer by profession.

Hi guys, I'm Obed Henry and I'm a Nigerian living and studying in Szeged, almost done with studies... do not hesitate to inform me of any opportunities that you think will be in my favor. Simple and easy going. Cheers!!!

Hi,

I'm Brittany. I'm Canadian, and my fiance's family is from Hungary. He's in the process of applying for his passport, and we will be in Budapest for the month of April to visit it and learn about the city.

Hey there! I'm Diego, a Spanish freelance illustrator and just moved to Budapest after living 4 years in London. I'm for anything that implies social meetups, discovering nice places, food, drink and all those "little" pleasures. Joined here to meet you guys, so hi to everyone!

Hi,Im Sona-moving to Budapest with two kids,2 and 8 from UK.
Hopefully we will have a good life in Budapest:)))

Hi!

My name is Cristiana and I'm from Portugal.

I'll arrive in Budapest next week, to work, and still have so many things to clarify..

How to get from the airport to the city, where to live..  :/

I'm very curious and anxious to know the city, and happy that I'll be there during summer!

Hope to meet you soon

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495024

Thanks!

Closed