Work Visa application - Health Care Status: B

Hi all
I have finally been able to check the employment visa status on the LMRA website.
Among others, it states  Health Care Status: B.

Could someone let me know what this status B means?

Do expats pay for their own health care costs in Bahrain or is it free?

Thanks

LMRA status B: means you have no medical insurance with ministry of health. The x-ray report needs to be seen for final opinion.

As far as health care costs are concerned, it depends on the contract with your employer. If your employer does not cover your health insurance, you are on your own.

Some more information is covered in this thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=410721

Hi 5hutterbug,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you clarify what you mean by your 2 statements i.e.

"you have no medical insurance with ministry of health" and

"The x-ray report needs to be seen for final opinion."

My friend is still in her home country. Her work visa is still in progress. She has not had an Xray in her home country. Maybe she will get one when she reaches Bahrain.

Thank you.

bedh wrote:

Hi 5hutterbug,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you clarify what you mean by your 2 statements i.e.

"you have no medical insurance with ministry of health" and

"The x-ray report needs to be seen for final opinion."

My friend is still in her home country. Her work visa is still in progress. She has not had an Xray in her home country. Maybe she will get one when she reaches Bahrain.

Thank you.

Status B means either that the X-ray needs to be reviewed and/or the person is not covered by the Ministry of Health for medical insurance.

Hi 5hutterbug,
Thanks for your reply.
That's more clearer. I have asked the employer and the employer will cover her health insurance.
Thanks again.
Bedh

What does A mean then? Mine shows as A

Hi fchaudari76
I have no idea what health care status A means.
As you are already in Bahrain, maybe you could ask your employer. maybe they might know.
thanks

Hello guys
Am currently working here in Qatar and i have been trying to get a job in Bahrain and lucky for me i managed to acquire one. I have done medical already and have given all necessary documents and am waiting for my visa. I read in the blog that i can check my visa status in the LMRA site but whenever i check i see 'no such record' or something like that. its been 2days since i gave all my documents soo shouldnt my application already be in the system?? oh and my future employer in Bahrain insist he has already applied it soo am lost here.

your thoughts in this will be highly appreciated :) thanx

dear shish14,

2 days is a very short time for anything to happen in Bahrain, we have heard at times it could take upto a month as well to get the visa, it all depends upon the relationship between LMRA and your potential employer, but lets hope for the best and keep have positive thought. Patience is the key.

good luck.

T&R

logicalindian wrote:

dear shish14,

2 days is a very short time for anything to happen in Bahrain, we have heard at times it could take upto a month as well to get the visa, it all depends upon the relationship between LMRA and your potential employer, but lets hope for the best and keep have positive thought. Patience is the key.

good luck.

T&R

I totally agree. Nothing works fast here

Well it does make sense, ges al have to chill and wait, thanx guyz👍🏿

hello morning .. i have qeustion .. because my employer old is my health care status is B but now my new employer is my health care status is A what the means A  status.. thank u..

Hi,

It means that you are covered in health insurance and no need to pay fees in governmental hospitals anymore. (kindly get this point verified by your employer before you visit any hospital)

T&R

Hi Expats,

I have also got the status as 'B'. My company is giving me salary which do not include health insurance.

Does that mean, I have to pay for the health check up in Bahrain once I reach there ? This is my first time visit in Bahrain with work visa. If so, kindly let me know how much I have to pay as of today's date.

No it doesn't matter. You don't have to pay anything. But when you go to hospitals, if you don't have insurance, you have to pay in cash.

Hi XTang,

Thank you for your valued response.

If I do not have insurance at the time of visiting the hospitals (I hope it is Govt. hospitals); can you tell me how much I have to pay in cash as of today's date if you have any idea on this.

Government clinics its 3 BD for basic clinics and then charges for salmaniya depending on condition.

I am investor so i dont have employer buat my health status is B im here now in bahrain i will go to my country, do you think they will allow my to enter again
I am investor so i dont have employer buat my health status is B im here now in bahrain i will go to my country, do you think they will allow my to enter again
- @ALAMRI Lexus

Check with the agent who has applied for your Investor visa or the business consultant who has started the company for you. When you have already paid the consultant/agent try to take the full service from them.
Why would they not allow you to enter?   you have a valid visa, correct?

Your health status being A or B has absolutely no bearing on you being allowed to enter or exit Bahrain.

When I was on an investor visa, I had the B status for a month or so...............traveled without issue.........it got updated to A after some time automatically.