What essentials do we need to bring?

We are a family of 5 moving to mendoza next year.  We are reducing everything we own down to 2 suit cases apiece.  What are some of the essencials we need to bring?
thanks,

I think the most important thing to consider is the importation tariffs here, particularly on electronics.  So I would be sure to bring a laptop, camera, good cell phone, anything else of the like.  [Be sure to check that they can run on 220, or get a converter.  All of my items like that were in fact 110/220 and in most instances automatic with the exception of computers.]

Also, I would look into getting some sort of VoIP phone system prior to coming down here to enable you to easily and cheaply communicate with people back at home.  Yes, a lot of people go on and on about Skype so that can be an option.  Speaking for myself, I have a lot more advantages to using Vonage in that I can call 60 countries unlimited and in several countries to include the USA I can call cell phones for free as well.  Also, I receive voice messages via email which is quite handy.

The thing is none of the VoIP companies I like will ship their hardware down here, so it is best to purchase the system and bring it down here.  Also, if you select Vonage you get your first month for free and if you know someone already on their system, you can submit their phone numbers as the person who referred you and they will get one free month of service as well.  I have their basic world plan and with taxes, etc. I pay around U$S 30 per month and have loved it and have seen no price increases in nearly 4 years.

Bring extra official copies of documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc, and store them in different places. Not just for Argentine bureaucracy, which is addicted to documents for anything, but for your own embassy in case your passort is stolen.

Buen viaje. :)