Gamers / Tech People Out There?

Hey all,
Yes, we're all old and rusted. But I still play video games and play around with technology when time (and wife) allow it.

I mess around on my phone (HTC Diamond 2) and it's WinMo system, configuring and crashing it as best I can.

I play video games on the computer (can't deal with consoles and their horrible graphics). I do the usual racing games (that have realism, and not action), and strategy games.

Any of you guys play or tinker, or am I the only one hanging on to my youth?

starcraft 2+Alienware= awesome!

Well I play strategic and FPS games on my PC. Unfortanatelly I love FPS online playing and I think that there is no internet connection in Saudi arabia good enough to mannage my online experience.

also I see that is forbidden to download full tilt poker :( There goes my poker carier. :)

Hey mund, I can get 7megs down and 1 meg up with mobily turbo connect unlimited. But its 3G and even with those speeds my FPS experience is not silky smooth. Its still very playable but FPS is the worst type of game to try and play on the connection here due to the fast reaction and response times needed.

Its nice experience playing an installed (offline) game. I am hooked to FARCRY FPS since long time.

Ok, on other note, do you guys know any interface (game) for EMTs, which has responding to emergency, patient assessment and care in 3D virtual scene interface?

CAF, please take note and pass on to your better half....

I used to play lots of strategy games like AOE, warcraft but recently havent had time to get into anything.

all the way from "home computer" to PS3 and Xbox360 and PC ofcourse.

Basically a fan of RPG's (role playing game) but like action, adventure and fighting games, and yes, i like race games as well, the more realistic the better.

latest games played.

MGS4
C&C4
FF12

:D

Salman

I am old and rusted too but still fancy the old video games. I am a console convert though.

My poor PS3 has been in the attic since baby 2 arrived last year but I am moving to Riyadh next week without the family so the playstation has been dusted off and is ready to go.

I will miss the family but I will get to blow some sh1t up with my playstation so there is some silver lining!?!

Sounds like there's a bit of us then...good to know.
Gonna have to set something up soon then.

I haven't played Starcraft II yet. I'm gonna have to pick it up.

And yeah, I put in a lot of hours when the wife leaves on a vacation. It's been a while since I've played for more than an hour. She complains!

Well if theres anybody for COD battle... :D

Oh yes I tried to download PC games from STEAM (online game sell) and I couldnt. Is that banned in Saudi Arabia? Same happened to me when I was trying to download Fulltilt poker. Anybody?

the children in the forum are at it, again...... enjoy, kids

I use to play Counter Strike in my office within the network but no luck here all alone. Finally had to giveup poker because it is banned in Saudi..

Suggest me some racing games.

If you need any game let me know i can download and distribute. Definetely no cost involoved:).

Anil Soni

Things happen even if they are not planned.

I got on xbox live last night and even though my account is U.S. and my billing information is U.S. it would not let me download Grand Theft auto. Also if anyone buys a console over here make sure its NTSC compatible and not PAL.

Anil, I really enjoy GRID. It's a great racing game, graphics, control, realism. It's no Forza or GT. But it is wonderful.

Shulz, yeah you're able to play online with xbl. Even if you put Saudi you're able to. They sell xbl points/dollars at local game stores here so it's a not a problem. The NTSC/PAL dilemma is a big one as you might find a game that's PAL but not NTSC, or the PAL will be a few hundred riyals cheaper. It's a bitch sometimes. When I had my xbox I used to just buy like 10 games every visit back home cause they'd all be on sale.

beezer wrote:

Anil, I really enjoy GRID. It's a great racing game, graphics, control, realism. It's no Forza or GT. But it is wonderful.

Thanks beezer. Downloading the demo version and then will find the crack. If you already have the crack let me know.

Anil

I play Age of Empires and Second life. I like Second life but it's a heavy game. :)

The only games I like are on PSP : Patapon and Loco Roco :) I'm pathetic, I know!

belishabeacon wrote:

The only games I like are on PSP : Patapon and Loco Roco :) I'm pathetic, I know!

not pathetic, just a girl ;)

Whatever, but if there was a Patapon competition, I'd win hands down (assuming that I'd be playing against a bunch of ten year olds, of course). Can't help it though, these Japanese games are so kawaii... *insert girly squeal here* LOL - just kidding about the squeal!

In my defense, I played Far Cry with friends one time, and I had to excuse myself to go throw up in the toilets, because my head started spinning. And that's when I converted to cutesy PSP games :P

belishabeacon wrote:

And that's when I converted to cutesy PSP games :P

Noob :P
J/K

Hehehehe, this is fun :D

so if far cry made ya do that, how would you do with Resident Evil? or silent hill for that matter.

(I like picking on little girls I think :top: )

ok ok, let me ask you this (and schulz dont make fun ok? lol )
what are your all time favorate games? name 5 in best to less better order.

oh, this is a good idea, once your done, we all can do it too :lol:

Salman

ps:
im still on vacation :P

1st post here for me, hello everyone!

I have just switched to linux (ubuntu) and am very happy with it, no more risk of virus and so much faster. Trouble is no more PC games, but I plan on buying a PS3 for the sole reason that GT5 is out soon :)

I use my PS3 as a media streaming device rather than a gaming machine.

On the PC playing COD Modern Warfare 2 and fifa 2009 at the moment. Also love Crysis, Halo and games like that.

Will be arriving in Riyadh next week and will only have my laptop so will be confined to Blackout Rugby, an online manager game, until I get a new PC as the laptop is not fast enough.

my Fav 5 games would be

1. Battlefield series (fav's 1942, BFV, BF2, BFBC2 and even BFH)
2. GTA
3. Halo
4. COD
5. Prob Starcraft 2, but I still need to buy it before I can confirm this.

Maybe we should be really nerdy and get together for a LAN...

schulz wrote:

Maybe we should be really nerdy and get together for a LAN...

your on ..... Nyaaawwwn .. shleepy

Salzz Z Z zZz z z