Want to move to Cameroon

Hello. :)

My name is Jeanette and I'm 24, turning 25 in April.

I'm Danish and I've been living in Denmark all my life, sort of. I spent six months in Cameroon last year, where I lived in Limbe. I LOVED living there. I was working at the Limbe Wildlife Centre, a rescue centre for local wilidlife. I really enjoyed everything about my stay there, from the warm hearted people, to power black outs (let's not forget water limitations) to the amazing wildlife, the dancing, singing and just overall amazing people.

I also met a man there that I'm currently in a relationship with, a Cameroonian living in Limbe. We will most likely get married after he finishes his studies.

So! If I haven't made it clear enough, I really loved Cameroon and I need to move there. I can feel it in my heart. I've always wanted to live abroad and I've found the place for me.

Has anyone got any tips? I mean, how do I go about it? I know the quickest way for a foreign woman would be to marry a Cameroonian, but I was hoping there would be other ways. I don't want that as a reason to get married. :)

Hello MissSommer,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your message on the Cameroon forum for a better interaction and visibility.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

hello how are you my dear nice to here from you am ateh wilson i live and work in Douala Cameroon as a welder i work on and ofshore sometime so were are you now hope to here from you agen have a nice day

Hi miss,
Surely the better way to move to Cameroon is not to get married to a Cameroonian because, getting out of that marriage will not be easy if you want it later. I understand that you are in love it's a good thing. But i suggested that you came here only if you have a job to be sure that you can be independent yourself.
I think for a beginning you should admit to pay the living fees (frais de séjour) and have the time to know your boyfriend and his family. Because here in Africa and in Cameroon in particular, the family interact in a marriage.
I wish you good luck.