Looking for English speaking families with elementary-aged children

Hi,
We are an expat family with two kids (ages 5 and 8 years). We moved to Bulgaria this past year and are homeschooling our children. We are looking to meet up with other English speaking families with kids of similar ages in Sofia.
Hope to hear from many of you!

A bit off topic, as I do not have a school aged child yet, but can I ask if you had any trouble with the laws against homeschooling here? Or does that only apply to Bulgarian children?

We are family of five 2 girls and a boy we plan to relocate to Bulgaria and look for job has a professional presently we are in south Africa hope you don't mind having black people

Hi judicsonjude and welcome to expat.com :)

As this conversation didn't have an answer for a long time, the original poster may not respond to your message.
If you want to elaborate your project in Bulgaria a bit more, you can post a new topic in the Bulgaria Forum.
We hope you'll share your adventure with us. :)

Regards

Loïc.

Hi there,

Skin complexion is not a question in Bulgaria. Definately. However finding a job in this specific moment is quite difficult.
If you speak German, French, Dutch, Arabic etc. it would be probably a bit easier.

If you like you can drop me a PM with your qualifications and experience and I will see what is possible for you.

Regards,

I am looking for bulgarian course for my 4 year old daughter . Any idea ? She speaks english and few orher.

Lubnawatto wrote:

I am looking for bulgarian course for my 4 year old daughter . Any idea ? She speaks english and few orher.

Create a new thread/topic this is regarding learning English.

Hello Lubnawatto,

Actually there's a better approach to teaching a 4 years old kid a foreign language. I would suggest two options:

1. Find kids movies/series in Bulgarian, that would be interesting for your kid and arrange that she's watching these every day for at least 30 - 40 minutes.

2. Enroll the kid to a kindergarden with Bulgarian kids.

In both cases do your best to keep it in the game field and as interesting to the kid as possible.

Then everything will happen naturally. Otherwise your kid is still to young for a kids course, though I think there are similar offers, but their effectiveness will be much lower than the proposed above 2 different approaches.