Dp you care of safe food in HCMC?

Hi everyone.

We are getting big trouble with food matter here when almost food we are having everyday are not safe. They come from unsafe sources and have a lot of chemical to keep long time. Especially chicken, pork and fish and vegetables. I am opening an business to supply safe food and starting with clean and safe meat of chicken and wide pork and also lamb in Hochiminh City. I select meat from safe source and don't put any chemical to store for long time. I am wondering if foreigner community in Hochiminh city also care about this matter and be interested in buying safe food? Do you have any comments about my business?

Nice weekend to All,

Make sure your staff wash their hands after going to the toilet.

In my office the handbasin, for the toilets, is outside the toilets so we can all watch to make sure everyone washes their hands. A survey made a few years ago revealed that over 90% of VNese food workers never washed their hands after visiting the toilet.

And make sure the cashier, who handles filthy money, doesn't touch unprotected food.

Visit Nhu Lan at 50 Ham Nghi and have a drink. Watch the food handling they have in place. Their meat processing plant at Hai Ba Trung and Dien Bien Phu is even more strict.

Right, Jaitch, not washing hands after toilet is a main source of typhoid which ive had bouts with many times. Suggest that everyone update their typhoid shots every two years because typhoid can kill you.

My comment about a business of safe food is to not bother. Why? Because whats needed is the government to mandate hygiene courses for those in the business of food handling, as many countries do. Thats fine if you want to open a shop but something bigger is needed more. Id open a school and get the government to force operators into the courses. That could wind up being very secure and long term employment and the entire country benefits.

Im going to post this somewhere else but one thing I saw in HCM was a shop selling beef bowl and when the customers leave they pour the un-eaten soup back into the main pot. I was horrified.

cvco wrote:

Why? Because whats needed is the government to mandate hygiene courses for those in the business of food handling, as many countries do.

I'm going to post this somewhere else but one thing I saw in HCM was a shop selling beef bowl and when the customers leave they pour the un-eaten soup back into the main pot. I was horrified.

The HCM Health Department does health and hygiene tests on the premises and workers. They also check street vendors.

Whenever I leave food at a street vendors I always 'pollute' the remains with chilli or soy sauce.

A busy street vendor, with line-ups is the one to choose.