"i need money for my family"to the western man confused about vnese gf

I was reading some threads about love between Vietnamese women and Western man. One from a girl who expressed the embarrassing about some dirty vnese women, in her thread she wrote: "There  are many reasons for Vietnamese woman to cheat them:
1. They want to leave Vietnam to emigrate to the other country
2. They are too poor and need money to help family
3. They are beautiful but lazy and want someone bring money back to her" - Thuy-

i read another threads, they 'r (western man) confusing that we (vnese women) love their money or love them. And one sentence i met almost in all thread seem to be "i need money for my famiy".
In my hometown called Tay Ninh, there are many girl marry with foreigner for exactly this reason. You can believe it or not, if you are vnese you can understand, espeacially u r from same hometown with me or from Mien Tay (Mekong delta). They marry with Taiwan, China, Singapore, Malaysia.. through marrige agency. Ok but they are Asia too, not well educated and non english speaking, having no more choice,  they r treated like a product in market. when foreigner come to Agency they look at them and chose the girl they want (no communication), they offer a price and if that girl or her family feel good about that money-> ok lets marry. :D:D

For all of threads i read are completely diffirent i think. Here we have Western, America, Aus.. and vnese girl who speak english well or so so like me that have a chance to date to chose to trap.. maybe  :whistle:

Hey western guy, i want to marry you! why? i give you my reason:
1. I want to leave Vietnam to emigrate to Europe
2. My family are poor and need money to help family
3. i'm not beautiful but i think i'm look ok. i'm lazy sometimes and want somebody bring money to me.
Today i will not give any example about any other vnese women. i will talk about myself. I dont know i'm a typical vnese women or not but i hope i'm. Do you think that i require from you too much? i think you do and i have some question for you:
1. why dont you marry your native women?
2. why do you want to marry vnese women? or what u guys want from us
3. what do you want to give us or what do you have that persiut us to marry you?
for 2 first question, they are real questions so plz give me your oppion.

IF you aske me the same questions i would say:
1. i dont want to marry my native man bc they are strict, they not opened-mind, they have traditional thinking that women should stay at home to clean the fridge intead of going out with friend or company party and no female friend. (sr if any vnese men could read that, i just thinking about my ex, not you. hihi)

2. I want to marry foreigner bc i lost my belief on vnese, i want to make s.th diffirent for my life. And i think you guys are opened-mind. In your country the goverment have equal-sex law i think and it go to your mind even when you are a child through your parents. Here vnese women are not protected, they are insulted, they are weak and suffer violence from their beloved man. i dont want to suffer it like the way my mom experient..
non equal-sex exist deeply in us. for examply my brother, he saw the non equal-sex around since he was a child, he said to me that he would never do that, but who know, know he is an adult and mayby he think he have the right to do that... bc every body do that.

3. What do i have? i have warm heart, i never want cheat, never hurt anyone, i can cook for you, can take care for you when you r drunk, or u r sick, can keep calm when u r angry+ drunk and could YELLING at you on next day   :idontagree: . I will love our children and take care well for them like the way my mom did, will not talk bad about u to them even i hate u sometimes maybe  :idontagree: i can love your parents like mine bc i saw my mom did it and i know how to make a real family. YOU KNOW WHAT? what i said are not my outstanding charecter, they are BASIC charecters of vnese women that you can easily find at any vnese girl.

About money, gift, living in developed country. Yes, we like it. why s not? but.. (everybody have their own anwer i no need to say more)

i supper hate a Western man who wrote :" if i dont have money, have no good job, will you love me?" oh i hope he ask me this question, i would say NEVERRR!!!
It s your fail that you were lazy on studying or on working that push u into a bad situation of no money and good job.
why i have to love you? give me a reason? or just bc you r from a developed country, you r white, not yellow not black.
I will tell you, you r human and me also,so YOU NEVER HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE US!!
Dont say about your money all the time bc the person who like money is you.

Money talks in all languages and cultures .... no money, no honey

Dear Ngocanhkdqt:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

LaxFogo wrote:

Dear Ngocanhkdqt:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

LOL!  The Nigerian Prince has been looking for someone to assist him for over 20 years.  Poor Poor man LOL!

Very good post. Age old questions. However you have done a credible job of explaining,asking and answering the questions. I especially like your comments on a man who comes here who has nothing to offer and still expect a local woman to accept him. Good luck in your quest. You will do well.

I met a beautiful woman in Vietnam about 7 years ago. I was attracted to because she was genuine, hard working, honest and very sexy. We dated long distance for a couple years, me in Los Angeles and her in HCMC. We would meet up in different Asian countries and hang out with each other for a few weeks each year.

After the stock market crash back in 2009, i was very nervous about losing my job, she would always tell me "If you lose your job in the USA, come live with me in Vietnam until you can get on your feet again, I will support you"..... Well i survived the economic downturn and our long distance relationship continued. 

I married her 5 years ago and we live in Los Angeles together. She goes to school full time for an advanced degree (She will probably make more money than me when she graduates), she also cooks and cleans, she does all the household chores, accounting, pays the bills, takes care of the garden. She argues with me when I tell her to hire a gardener or house keeper. When my father was sick and on his death bed for several months she took care of him 24/7, fed him, cleaned him and was there for him when he took his last breath.   

All I can say is, we never really talked about money before we got married, it was not important to her. She always has the attitude that we are a team and we will both work hard and love each other and we will be blessed. She has qualities that i could not find in a western woman. She treats me better than any woman I have ever known By Far! Her sense of responsibility around the house seems to come automatic.

Members of her family in VN have run across some hard times and we have sent money over to them. I was the one to insist we send money, Not her, she has never asked me to send money.

We will travel to VN at the Holidays (Her first trip home to VN since we got married) and travel around the country with her family in a van I rented. We will be looking for a place to possibly semi retire in several years.

The moral to the story:...... I am the lucky one in this relationship!

thanlan7465 wrote:

I met a beautiful woman in Vietnam about 7 years ago. I was attracted to because she was genuine, hard working, honest and very sexy. We dated long distance for a couple years, me in Los Angeles and her in HCMC. We would meet up in different Asian countries and hang out with each other for a few weeks each year.

After the stock market crash back in 2009, i was very nervous about losing my job, she would always tell me "If you lose your job in the USA, come live with me in Vietnam until you can get on your feet again, I will support you"..... Well i survived the economic downturn and our long distance relationship continued. 

I married her 5 years ago and we live in Los Angeles together. She goes to school full time for an advanced degree (She will probably make more money than me when she graduates), she also cooks and cleans, she does all the household chores, accounting, pays the bills, takes care of the garden. She argues with me when I tell her to hire a gardener or house keeper. When my father was sick and on his death bed for several months she took care of him 24/7, fed him, cleaned him and was there for him when he took his last breath.   

All I can say is, we never really talked about money before we got married, it was not important to her. She always has the attitude that we are a team and we will both work hard and love each other and we will be blessed. She has qualities that i could not find in a western woman. She treats me better than any woman I have ever known By Far! Her sense of responsibility around the house seems to come automatic.

Members of her family in VN have run across some hard times and we have sent money over to them. I was the one to insist we send money, Not her, she has never asked me to send money.

We will travel to VN at the Holidays (Her first trip home to VN since we got married) and travel around the country with her family in a van I rented. We will be looking for a place to possibly semi retire in several years.

I could not have expressed it any better.  Thank you for the post has it made me laugh, in a good way, because my girlfriend is so much the same that i had to laugh.  I think you and I are pretty lucky to have met a good girl because everyday i love her more and she surprises me all the time.  I completely understand you as we seem to have women that are similar.  I remember the first time i rented a motobike in VN and when she found out what i paid, she flipped out!  Telling me i was crazy and she let the guy know who rented me the motobike.  Money?  We rarely talk about it and i mean rarely.  The only time it comes up is usually when she pays for something when i do not have the cash readily available and when i try to pay her back, she flat out refuses and has never taken it.  She knows i have a good job, but she tells me i can quit my job and move to VN and she will take care of me.

Both of you are so lucky on finding true love. i really admine.  :heart::heart::heart:
And thank you for your sharing, it s great moral. i learn from your women many nice virtul, espeacially Thanlan's wife and you are good husband too. your couple is such a perfect couple that every one would dream to be   :gloria

garyww wrote:

Very good post. Age old questions. However you have done a credible job of explaining,asking and answering the questions. I especially like your comments on a man who comes here who has nothing to offer and still expect a local woman to accept him. Good luck in your quest. You will do well.

Thanks Gary for you support, i hope i didnt insult anyone, i know there are many kind of people in very country. i was racist little bit i think :)

Are you guys serious? Stop encouraging this behavior, this is the exact reason why you have guys posting stuff on here like: "I gave her all my money and she wants more, what do I do?"

INSPIRING STORY! I LOVE IT! :')

Thank you for sharing! Kudo's to your wife and relationship with her! You both are blessed x

NashCat wrote:

I think it's not exactly, but NO CAREER, NO HONEY!
Many people got married when they were young, how they can have much money?
The more money you earn, the more efforts you put in your life!
If I have a chance, I don't want to get married with rich man, if his money is from his parents, and he doesnt do anything, just spend time to spend his parents' money! But I am willing to love a poor man, but he has strong will to make money, to protect me and our children in the future. Because I am a woman, I can spend much time for work when I am young, but when I have children, I must spend time to take care and teach them, how I can earn much money?

ngattt wrote:
NashCat wrote:

I think it's not exactly, but NO CAREER, NO HONEY!
Many people got married when they were young, how they can have much money?
The more money you earn, the more efforts you put in your life!
If I have a chance, I don't want to get married with rich man, if his money is from his parents, and he doesnt do anything, just spend time to spend his parents' money! But I am willing to love a poor man, but he has strong will to make money, to protect me and our children in the future. Because I am a woman, I can spend much time for work when I am young, but when I have children, I must spend time to take care and teach them, how I can earn much money?

This is third world logics, there are plenties of young rich guys who are self made. For an example, I met up with the owner of a property I wanted to rent to open up a gym, as soon as he saw me he asked "Do you know this is 10k a month in rent? How can you afford it?" Then he got in his car drove off, funny thing is the watch I was wearing was worth more than his car. 

If you have a CAREER, it's not the path to wealth (unless you're a banker, but that's a different story)

It doesn't matter if you're self made or if your parents is rich. Money is money. Then you went on to assume that kids who come from rich families are worthless and only know how to waste money; and that's also very untrue. Kids who come from well off family can afford better education and most of the time end up making the family fortune grow even larger. You only hear about the rich kids who blow all his family fortune, and the guy who make tons of money from nothing but let be assure you they're both equally rare, yet you hear about them more because they're more interesting than hearing about a rich kid becoming even richer.  It's very difficult to make money with no money, it's very easily to make money with money...so your logic is once again flawed. For example if his parents left him 3 million, just by simply investing his money and getting 12% return a year( that's just simply putting it into an index fund and NOT TOUCHING IT AND NOT HAVING TO DO ANY ACTUAL BUSINESS ). That 3mil will turn to nearly 30mil in 20 years time.

99% of business fail and the 99% of the 1% that do succeed only make a little more than a job. So trying to find a guy that would make be able something out of nothing is extremely rare.

There are plenties of women self made millionaires AND billionaires who have had children before starting their businesses. Don't give yourself an excuse.

Also please stop encouraging this girl, she's just a gold digger. A gold digger who genuinely needs money is no difference from a gold digger who don't need it.

She's clearly stated that she wouldn't love an western guy if he had no money, typical. If she didn't care about money, she would be with a local guy who fully understands her and can actually hold conversations with her at a higher. If she actually had something to offer, she would have no problem finding a wealthy local. She have nothing to offer, and is looking for an expat sugar daddy....she's no different from the hundred of thousands of girls trying to do this in Saigon, yet she doesn't have anything to offer so good luck with that.

@LaxFogo: Sure you are right.
But I am a normal woman, just earn enough money for myself or buy something I want! And many women here like me, even many can't earn money like me.
I didn't talk about wise rich women, there are a lot of women like that in this world! Also, I didn't talk about man who are rich by himself, ton of men like that in our planet.

I didn't encourage this girl, though I agree with her some points, but not all. I am a independent person, who always try to earn money by myself; and my parents, my siblings are hard-working, so we are not poor to need any help from others ;)! I am online to make money now :D. I will talk much later  :lol:

LaxFogo wrote:

Are you guys serious? Stop encouraging this behavior, this is the exact reason why you have guys posting stuff on here like: "I gave her all my money and she wants more, what do I do?"

Hello Lax Fogo! thanks for you oppinions. I can see that you are a very contributive member, always willing to give the other advice and help inneed.
But i wonder why do you make joke and butt against me. but is ok, everyone have their own oppinion. After reading clearly your comment i know that you are an inteligent and logic man on the way you write.
I just hope that you plz read again my post and think about this fake life. Plz dont butt again me bc life is not just what you see.
i'm not here to marketing myself in other to marry a rich man that you ask others not encourage me. or if i really marketing myself.. you can clearly see that i did a bad job.
Best sincerely
Ngoc Anh

Ngocanhkdqt wrote:

...some question for you:
1. why dont you marry your native women? LOVE of course
I LOVE YOUR COUNTRY

2. why do you want to marry vnese women? or what u guys want from us》 LOVE of course

3. what do you want to give us or what do you have that persiut us to marry you? 》LOVE of course

1. i dont want to marry my native man bc they are strict, they not opened-mind, they have traditional thinking that women should stay at home to clean the fridge intead of going out with friend or company party and no female friend. 》if your ex isnt like whom you wanted, why did you go with him? I dont think all Vietnamese men are like that. We have to choose a partner everywhere. How we are, we will meet the same person.

2. I want to marry foreigner bc i lost my belief on vnese, i want to make s.th diffirent for my life. And i think you guys are opened-mind. In your country the goverment have equal-sex law i think and it go to your mind even when you are a child through your parents. Here vnese women are not protected, they are insulted, they are weak and suffer violence from their beloved man. i dont want to suffer it like the way my mom experient..
non equal-sex exist deeply in us. for examply my brother, he saw the non equal-sex around since he was a child, he said to me that he would never do that, but who know, know he is an adult and mayby he think he have the right to do that... bc every body do that.
》you are talking about over 2 billion men from nigeria, Afghanistan, ...What is called " foreigner"? It's just a name that many expats use to cheat Vietnamese girls whom I usually call "sheep" because of their experience lacking. "Open-minded" can mean "*** without paying"..as an asian, do you really like that? Are you really know what you are talking? I wonder how many Viet bfs you have had.
3. What do i have? i have warm heart, i never want cheat, never hurt anyone, i can cook for you, can take care for you when you r drunk, or u r sick, can keep calm when u r angry+ drunk and could YELLING at you on next day   :idontagree: . I will love our children and take care well for them like the way my mom did, will not talk bad about u to them even i hate u sometimes maybe  :idontagree: i can love your parents like mine bc i saw my mom did it and i know how to make a real family. YOU KNOW WHAT? what i said are not my outstanding charecter, they are BASIC charecters of vnese women that you can easily find at any vnese girl.

About money, gift, living in developed country. Yes, we like it. why s not? but.. (everybody have their own anwer i no need to say more)》so I have to take care of your family too?

i supper hate a Western man who wrote :" if i dont have money, have no good job, will you love me?" oh i hope he ask me this question, i would say NEVERRR!!!》so this's material love. Maybe our definition of love can be very different.

There are 3 kinds of women in this world:
1. Pay first
2. Pay after marriage
3. Doesnt care about money. This group is quite rare. About 5%.

Dejavu.dot wrote:
Ngocanhkdqt wrote:

...some question for you:
1. why dont you marry your native women? LOVE of course
I LOVE YOUR COUNTRY

2. why do you want to marry vnese women? or what u guys want from us》 LOVE of course

3. what do you want to give us or what do you have that persiut us to marry you? 》LOVE of course

1. i dont want to marry my native man bc they are strict, they not opened-mind, they have traditional thinking that women should stay at home to clean the fridge intead of going out with friend or company party and no female friend. 》if your ex isnt like whom you wanted, why did you go with him? I dont think all Vietnamese men are like that. We have to choose a partner everywhere. How we are, we will meet the same person.

》you are talking about over 2 billion men from nigeria, Afghanistan, ...What is called " foreigner"? It's just a name that many expats use to cheat Vietnamese girls whom I usually call "sheep" because of their experience lacking. "Open-minded" can mean "*** without paying"..as an asian, do you really like that? Are you really know what you are talking? I wonder how many Viet bfs you have had.

About money, gift, living in developed country. Yes, we like it. why s not? but.. (everybody have their own anwer i no need to say more)》so I have to take care of your family too?

i supper hate a Western man who wrote :" if i dont have money, have no good job, will you love me?" oh i hope he ask me this question, i would say NEVERRR!!!》so this's material love. Maybe our definition of love can be very different.

1. Pay first
2. Pay after marriage

I fall into category # 2.  :lol:

thanlan7465 wrote:

God bless ! You've married an angel ! A very Vietnamese girl .

MIA2013 wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

1. Pay first
2. Pay after marriage

I fall into category # 2.  :lol:

Mee too :P. I can accept the man, who can't earn money sometimes, but not too long time. If my husband can't make any money in continuous 2 years (after we have children), and doesn't help me taking care my children (let me have time to earn money), I'm sure I will kick him out of my house :lol:. No need to have husband like that :D!

I doubt if women in category #3, she is willing to get married with a man, who doesn't have any money, job... he is just handsome and spend time to spend her money?

In my opinion, when selecting a partner, we should look for similarities in our belief systems. Also look at the potential partners moral standards and work ethics before we give the partner our love.

it does not matter if you plow a field or work in the stock market, if we do not work hard we will not succeed.

We are all human, we make mistakes.... Money will come and money will go.... if we dont have the same core values, a relationship is doomed to fail.

in my opinion, the above applies to all nationalities and races, no matter what country you are from or moving to.   

Thats my 20000 dong opinion

Thanks for the compliment ZanChun. I did find an angel! A half a world away from where I was looking. I have met many of my wifes girl friends in Vietnam and they also have similar work ethics, values and beliefs as my wife. I think VN women are not so caught up in all the material stuff as most women here in USA.

Seems you guys have lot of time like the OP  ;)

charmavietnam wrote:

Seems you guys have lot of time like the OP  ;)

Yes, I have a lot of time like you  :o. And you know, women can do multi tasks at the same time ;)!
Now you are busy, so you post every post with some words like that  :/

ngattt wrote:

Yes, I have a lot of time unlike you  :o.
Now you are busy, so you post every post with some words like that  :/
So true ;)

totally agree with your opinion. we - our vnese girls can earn money by our self and dont need anythings from guys like that. And we are confident enough to say NO with the man cant earn money by himself  :D . So if we dont have job, dont have good looking... will those men like us or say: they are just lazy and only want money from another person.  :unsure

I'm a Vietnamese woman who dated a foreigner. I met my ex when I was very young, we are the same age and had feelings for each other immediately when we met first time, that how the relationship started. Now I broke up with him for some reasons but when I was in the relationship I shared the bills with him and never asked him for money. Even when I had problem with financial status, I tried to get help from others  because I didn't want him think I used him as a bank.

I would like to tell  all you guys that:
1.   Maintain a relationship with foreigner will be more difficult comparing with a Vietnamese man because the difference of culture, language and value. My ex is a good man but our relationship didn't work because we was not fit and could not adjust
2. Most of Vietnamese men are good. They treat his woman very nicely and delicate his life for his family. Most of women here don't suffer violence. Some have bad luck but as you can see, even in very developed countries, still increasing murder or sex slaver. So plz don't blame Vietnamese men only. This country is more peaceful than many regions in the world
3. Most women in the world love gift, but the gift we love most is gift come from heart.
4. Always existing woman who want to offer her beauty and others to get money return. And it's still fine if the man ready to pay for that.
5. I'm not feel good when reading this post, it seems telling that foreigners are better than Vietnamese men and all Vietnamese women are ready to hunt them. Many expats here are very good & admirable, but beside f****** stupid Vietnamese men of this country, also having f****** stupid expats around here too.

@Nhi: I totally agree with you. If it's not my destiny, still I want to get married with a Viet man than a foreigner. Though I know some my foreigners are very good than some Viet men, but sometimes I feel they are not suitable for me... I am afraid when they can't understand deeply Vietnamese culture, language,... and vice versa... It's very hard for me.

ngattt wrote:

@Nhi: I totally agree with you. If it's not my destiny, still I want to get married with a Viet man than a foreigner. Though I know some my foreigners are very good than some Viet men, but sometimes I feel they are not suitable for me... I am afraid when they can't understand deeply Vietnamese culture, language,... and vice versa... It's very hard for me.

There's good and bad people of every race. Let's just leave it at that.

And about getting married to a foreigner, it's not a good idea unless you can communicate and understand each other well.

Nhi wrote:

I'm a Vietnamese woman who dated a foreigner. I met my ex when I was very young, we are the same age and had feelings for each other immediately when we met first time, that how the relationship started. Now I broke up with him for some reasons but when I was in the relationship I shared the bills with him and never asked him for money. Even when I had problem with financial status, I tried to get help from others  because I didn't want him think I used him as a bank.

1.   Maintain a relationship with foreigner will be more difficult comparing with a Vietnamese man because the difference of culture, language and value. My ex is a good man but our relationship didn't work because we was not fit and could not adjust
2. Most of Vietnamese men are good. They treat his woman very nicely and delicate his life for his family. Most of women here don't suffer violence. Some have bad luck but as you can see, even in very developed countries, still increasing murder or sex slaver. So plz don't blame Vietnamese men only. This country is more peaceful than many regions in the world
3. Most women in the world love gift, but the gift we love most is gift come from heart.
4. Always existing woman who want to offer her beauty and others to get money return. And it's still fine if the man ready to pay for that.
5. I'm not feel good when reading this post, it seems telling that foreigners are better than Vietnamese men and all Vietnamese women are ready to hunt them. Many expats here are very good & admirable, but beside f****** stupid Vietnamese men of this country, also having f****** stupid expats around here too.

@NHI

Yes, couples that come from different backgrounds and cultures can and often do present challenges to the relationship. I have a very good friend who is about 35 yrs and is still not married. It's by choice....because she is a very attractive woman. Her problem is that she works too much and doesn't really have time to date. Many years ago I tried to introduce her to a very handsome young army captain, my husband's friend. She speaks fluent English and is really fun to be around. She did eventually have a VK boyfriend for a while but they broke up after a couple of years. I asked her years later if she was ever going to get married would it be with a foreigner or a VK? She said VK. Her answer was because foreigners are very cheap and stingy with their money, and they have different priorities than hers. I am assuming you VN understand what I am inferring???  :D Long story short.....I don't know why it never occurred to me that she was more afraid of having a foreign boyfriend meet her family than them meeting him.  Having met her family, I can understand why she was worried they wouldn't get along.  :lol:

MIA2013 wrote:
Nhi wrote:

@NHI

Yes, couples that come from different backgrounds and cultures can and often do present challenges to the relationship. I have a very good friend who is about 35 yrs and is still not married. It's by choice....because she is a very attractive woman. Her problem is that she works too much and doesn't really have time to date. Many years ago I tried to introduce her to a very handsome young army captain, my husband's friend. She speaks fluent English and is really fun to be around. She did eventually have a VK boyfriend for a while but they broke up after a couple of years. I asked her years later if she was ever going to get married would it be with a foreigner or a VK? She said VK. Her answer was because foreigners are very cheap and stingy with their money, and they have different priorities than hers. I am assuming you VN understand what I am inferring???  :D Long story short.....I don't know why it never occurred to me that she was more afraid of having a foreign boyfriend meet her family than them meeting him.  Having met her family, I can understand why she was worried they wouldn't get along.  :lol:

Lol Vietnamese are materialistic by nature, coming from a poor country people generally want the best material things to distinguish themselves. Most VK also have that same mentality, if you ever went to a predominant Vietnamese area in the states you'll see designer bags on nearly every woman and the parking lots would be filled with German luxury cars. If they can't afford it, they would skimp out on other things to make it happen.

Hi LaxFogo,
Some Vietnamese want to show themselves by wearing expensive stuff, but some are enjoying their lives. Why we have to keep all money in the pocket or in the bank!?. If we die, can we take them along with !?. I read one post of yours before telling that you wear a watch which is much more expensive than the landlord's car ! It's your style, you enjoy your life. And so some Vietnamese do !  :par:

zanchun wrote:

Hi LaxFogo,
Some Vietnamese want to show themselves by wearing expensive stuff, but some are enjoying their lives. Why we have to keep all money in the pocket or in the bank!?. If we die, can we take them along with !?. I read one post of yours before telling that you wear a watch which is much more expensive than the landlord's car ! It's your style, you enjoy your life. And so some Vietnamese do !  :par:

Right, but everything is relative to your income. I personally would never buy anything more than what I can make in a single month. ( With the exception to big ticket items like houses, exotic cars, and etc )

I speak from experiences, my mom's friends....make at most 30-45k a year each...and they all have several LV, Burberry, Hermes bags and drives brand new cars. Terrible money management.

Ah I also know a guy that drives a 100k Porsche and shares a 2 bedroom apartment with 4 people.

One of my best friends, make 400$ a week...lives on his own, bought a 20k car. It got repo'd within 3 months, found another job...bought another even more expensive car. Some people just never learn.