Is this salary is fare enough?

Good !!!!

I am consistently offended and insulted by non-english speakers butchering my language on an English forum. It is abusive and racist of them to do it and of you to allow it. Very, very offensive, indeed!

I propose a clause that limits the number of grammatical mistakes a member can commit before being banned. I am perfectly willing to oversee the implementation of this clause.

MoEl wrote:

Good !!!!

I am consistently offended and insulted by non-english speakers butchering my language on an English forum. It is abusive and racist of them to do it and of you to allow it. Very, very offensive, indeed!

I propose a clause that limits the number of grammatical mistakes a member can commit before being banned. I am perfectly willing to oversee the implementation of this clause.

Thats us Scots F**ked then :lol: You fishing again my young friend ?. Your written and spoken English is very very good, some on this forum do not have the fortune that your education has bestowed upon you (liking my English so far ? :P )ah stuff it, can we not just get back to slagging each other off ?, Julien please include a term in the new T&C's that users MUST find at least one individual on this forum that gets right up their nose and harass them from day one :lol:

...and that's why democracy sucks ;)

Edit: I forgot: what language do Scots speak? Well, at least when they're sober.

Clansman wrote:

Er so that is tax free for the worker then ?, which is what the OP was asking.

Original question was whether there is income tax in Libya.

Let me simplify it a bit for the Scots in the crowd:

The answer is clearly yes, there is income tax in Libya. 

Ask your Libyan colleagues if you don't trust me.

Just because you're not aware your company is paying your taxes doesn't mean it's tax free for employees. 
Your gross salary is probably 5-20% more than the net salary you receive.

You might also be interested to know that the UK/Libya Double Taxation Convention just came into effect in April.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/si/uk-libya-dta.htm

You might want to talk to your accountant.  If you're not paying tax in Libya, you might be liable for UK tax on your Libyan income.  Something to keep in mind.

this isnt going to be good

gabacho wrote:

Original question was whether there is income tax in Libya.

Just because you're not aware your company is paying your taxes doesn't mean it's tax free for employees. 

Which hand is the frog in ? :rolleyes::dumbom:

Mudman wrote:

Which hand is the frog in ? :rolleyes::dumbom:

Some useful tax info for you up there as well...

gabacho wrote:
Clansman wrote:

Original question was whether there is income tax in Libya. No it wasn't

You might also be interested to know that the UK/Libya Double Taxation Convention just came into effect in April.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/si/uk-libya-dta.htm

You might want to talk to your accountant.  If you're not paying tax in Libya, you might be liable for UK tax on your Libyan income.  Something to keep in mind.

Aw FFS, which bit DON'T you understand ?, I am well aware that my company pays tax for me, but essentially MY salary is tax free. Let me describe it to you in terms simple enough that even you might understand.

I at the time of my interview asked for the salary of, for the sake of argument 50,000USD per annum (I didn't), the company then said OK, and then paid me that exact sum divided into 12 monthly payments into my bank account. meanwhile in the accounts section they went 'if Clansman is on 50k, his gross wage should be 60k' (once again an example)  . Now on my annual returns I get a tax statement from the company stating how much tax THEY have paid for me. I am still getting what I asked for at the interview, so please tell me how I am paying tax on my salary THAT I ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR AND WAS GIVEN ?.

I appreciate the advice re the UK tax, and am aware of how it works.

MoEl wrote:

...and that's why democracy sucks ;)

Edit: I forgot: what language do Scots speak? Well, at least when they're sober.

A malformed version of English, with different words in certain regions for different things. For example see

How are you (English)

Fit Like en ? (Aberderdonian)

How ye dayin ? (central belt)

Alright their big man ?(regardless of size or sex of person being asked)? (Glasgow)

It generally gets easier to understand the more drunk we actually get (Glaswegians aside :lol: )

Could you please stop provocation now ?

Christine wrote:

Christine, if this is directed at me, all I will ask is where is the provocation ?, I was correcting an incorrect post from Gabacho re the tax situation here. Now the question was asked by the OP and has been answered. If you get people putting incorrect information on your forum on a regular basis, I would have thought you would want someone to come on and correct them ?. This forum can be fun, and I can see that your job is a difficult one, but because it is multi cultural with many varied personalities on it, and some peoples grasp of the English language is not as good as others (me included), then you will have some fierce debates. That and information sharing is what I thought this forum was all about.

This was not directed at you...

Christine wrote:

This was not directed at you...

Cheers Christine sorry. We have some fun and colourful characters on this site, and I would hate to lose any of them.

I think certain random obscure posts cheer the place up a bit, it gives people a bit of light hearted relief from a city/country that can at times be difficult to survive in for various reasons.

Christine wrote:

Must have been the usual suspect :lol:

Sandman6 wrote:
Christine wrote:

Must have been the usual suspect :lol:

Can't have been, this is your first post on the topic :lol:

hey guyz the company told me this way:

thank you for your contact and the good questions.

To your points, we would like to respond as follows:

1.       your Visa will be a Working-Visa. A working Visa is now only valid for 2 Months (was 3 months), this time we will use as the trial period. After the trial period is completed and we both accept, we will apply for a Residence Visa, which will be valid for 1 year and has to be renewed annually. Between this interim period we will provide another working visa. You will have to leave and return the country for the new working visa. We will pay for this in/out action.

2.       During your trial period, we, the  company, will pay for your accommodation. Once you are locally employed the rental will have to be covered by yourself (approx. 400,- monthly)

3.       Vacation 30 working days. the compny agreed to provide 1 Airticket (Economy Return) per annum.

4.       Tax on your Salary will be covered by the company. That means the LYD 1,600.- is your Net-Salary.

Any suggestion

blaster4577 wrote:

4.       Tax on your Salary will be covered by the company. That means the LYD 1,600.- is your Net-Salary.

See Clansman, there is income tax.  It's good to ask up front if the company is covering the tax (even in Libya where most companies pay your income tax), otherwise there can be interesting surprises.

But look they are going to give only one free return ticket per annum for returning in libya, which means for going back to my home country for vacation i will shoulder those airline fare. and they are not going to provede some accomodation what the hek.

gabacho wrote:

See Clansman, there is income tax.

you win. you should be proud of yourself. yeeeaay!!!

MoEl wrote:
gabacho wrote:

See Clansman, there is income tax.

you win. you should be proud of yourself. yeeeaay!!!

I lost 5 minutes of my life typing out my initial response to his comment. I would ask my learned friend to re read my post re tax in Libya, but I fear he still wouldn't understand.

Anyway, in response to the OP, if you are currently out of work, then give this post a try, you will see for yourself what Tripoli is like during your trial period. If you don't like it, just don't come back after the intitial 2 months.

Hey guyz anyone here who know this company:  ROLANDTECNIC GMBH
- Representative Office Libya -
Beefi Road
Tripoli
Libya

Pls tell me some info

I was looking for a job in Libya Karcher Technician is there anyone here who can help me.:)

Hi Vindeta,

you should post in the classifieds > jobs ;)

Julien wrote:

Hi Vindeta,

you should post in the classifieds > jobs ;)

Julien " thank you - Merci beaucoup

Samakauk wrote:

I know that there are some guys from Asia work for less than that. much less than that. in Mellitha for example the Thai + Bangladeshi work for about $300 to $400 a month the accommodation is so disgusting - they lack the simple living necessities.

They only 45-days vacation every two years.

FeeAcer wrote:

Most unfortunately this is also the case in the whole Middle East countries! I don't really know if their mentaLities will ever change!

Most unfortunately this is also the case in South East Asia. The Thais do the same to some of their migrant workers, especially people from poorer countries, such as Myanmar. Read the following article by one of the few respected Thai journalists on how Thais treat their migrant workers.

How Thais bully their migrant workers

I'm way over here in Calgary now, and nothing on the Expat.com here compares to the entertainment value of expat-blog/Libya.

thank you Clansman, Mudman, Sandman, Gabacho and even MoEl for keeping it always interesting.

Whoa whoa, easy easy now. The praise is more than I can handle.

That "...even MoEl..." is an outstanding distinction: MoEl, you rock! Everybody else, die in your grief!

Either way, you're most welcome. That's the reason I am here as you know.

Moel -  :)

justice4pal wrote:

Moel -  :)

Me too

I agree with that especially those street cleaner from Bangladeshi and those who has no proper education. That's why most of this people get abused of some greedy employer. But we cannot blame those People it's simply because they will not earn that money from their home country compared for being an Expat. Sometimes much better to help those people than the Beggars

Stick wrote:
Samakauk wrote:

I know that there are some guys from Asia work for less than that. much less than that. in Mellitha for example the Thai + Bangladeshi work for about $300 to $400 a month the accommodation is so disgusting - they lack the simple living necessities.

FeeAcer wrote:

Most unfortunately this is also the case in the whole Middle East countries! I don't really know if their mentaLities will ever change!

Most unfortunately this is also the case in South East Asia. The Thais do the same to some of their migrant workers, especially people from poorer countries, such as Myanmar. Read the following article by one of the few respected Thai journalists on how Thais treat their migrant workers.

How Thais bully their migrant workers

Aw!
Such 'Mirth' Is being missed, You folks make my day somehow..feel alive!
:(

I think if Company could provide free accommodation, medical, Transport so this salary will be Good but as some other people has said that you should know your value so you are best to know about your worthiness.
I would like say thanks to every one who replies because there are lot of people who get help from this and thanks to the person who handle the site.

Clansman wrote:
Samakauk wrote:

This is my first ex-pat job, although I did work for 2 weeks in Dubai. I am still struggling to understand how company's can get away with this. In the UK your salary generally goes by how experienced you are and what job you are doing, not by the colour of your skin. As an aside, I must stop moaning about how little I am paid, all I have to do is look at how poorly paid some other people are.

Hey Clansman Shove it and stick it there for gods sake this is Libya not the Fing UK you white boy!

usmankpk wrote:

Hey Clansman Shove it and stick it there for gods sake this is Libya not the Fing UK you white boy!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lL4QBroV19Y/S-OIASLDrkI/AAAAAAAAAKU/viAMNYBZHaE/s1600/loser.jpg

Clansman wrote:

Ohh Clansy you douche what he actually means is that your employers they pay tax off your salaries for example if you have it settled with your employer for a 3000USD salary per month, you don't how much your employer are paying off TAX from your original salary now do ya?  Your employer would never tell you your exact salary all you know is what you will get paid at the end of the month. Maybe from a 3000 USD salary they actually cutting off 2,000 in that case your exact salary should be 5000USD TAX free!

Hello Every One

I have received offer letter from one of the National Oil Company, Based in Tripoli.

They are offering basic salary of USD 10000 per month.(EXCLUDING BENEFITS + ALLOWANCES)

Is this salary okay for Senior Staff Position or should i expect more?????

Will it be sufficient for my family (wife & 2 daughter) ???

how much rent will it cost for normal 3BHK flat in semi posh area???

Do NOC provide car or give a monthly allowances for it??

thanx

a few of our guys have reasonable studio flats here for LYD 500 or share a house on Airport Road and pay cash monthly without a lease for less than that and have a good, secure set up

14 yrs experience as technician should rake in US 2,500 and an engineer US 5,000 per month, whatever the nationality

mark
the offer is good
you can get a good 3 bed flat for LYD 1400 - 2000 in good area I have some made contacts if you need
benefits should be about US3k cash on top

mark_smith wrote:

Hello Every One

I have received offer letter from one of the National Oil Company, Based in Tripoli.

They are offering basic salary of USD 10000 per month.(EXCLUDING BENEFITS + ALLOWANCES)

thanx

Bite their hand off for that offer Mark, I work for the NOC as well and can assure you my salary is not even half of that (15 years senior experience in IT)

mark_smith wrote:

Hello Every One

thanx

Are your daughters of school going age? If yes, try to get school tuition fees included in your benefits since tuition fees at the International, British & American Schools are quite high.