Arriving end of november, is it worth the travel????

Im thinking of taking a tefl at the end of november in phnom penh. my course is with a company called languagecorps who are housed in cambodia unversity apparently. anyone any info on the company or the chances of working as a teacher after the course is finished???. any info would be appreciated.

paul

I have heard a few negative reports about this company.  No first hand experience of it though.

Hi,

If you wil nt get any replies try to use groups.yahoo.com/group/cambodiaparentnetwork/
Good luck

Hi
I work in the education industry here and there is no way I would give any serious consideration to a TEFL qualification gained in Cambodia, particularly without having a fair bit of teaching experience behind it. Any qualification that you can buy without doing the work is not worth the paper its written on. After all, would you like a Cambodian trained doctor to do surgery on you? I certainly wouldn't.

Mayb this is not the right topic but I guess you guys are in the education industry in PP. I want take a Chinese language course, any school or private tutor (would do) here offer such a class  -- but have to be an English speaking teacher.  I ve been asking around but no luck..
Thanks,

I am a private tutor of Chinese up to the level age 12 and English speaking.

What level of Chinese are you at?

Are you wanting to learn reading, writing and speaking? Or just speaking?

How many hours a day or week do you want to study for?

Can you study at my office which is on st. 271?

Kind regards

May

Hi May! I just saw ur reply -- i ll send u the private message..