Misc. everyday life questions

No, I did understand, Nga :) That's why I said it's actually admirable!
When there is a will there is a way (to success :))

virgoks wrote:

No, I did understand, Nga :) That's why I said it's actually admirable!
When there is a will there is a way (to success :))

He he, thank you.
I was reading English in this forum all my spare time, even when I was teaching :D. I teach many practical classes (students do exercises on computer), after I instruct them how to do exercises, I let them do themselves, and I continue to read English. My best friends are my laptop and mobile :P, I can "play" with them everytime until midnight :D. When I can't sleep, I will "play" with them (reading) until I feel sleepy, kaka.

bluenz wrote:

CVCO wrote
' But also, you guys, though seasoned, dont realize how you talk about Vietnam and it probably scares off people from coming. Its ok if you dont see what i mean."
  If I knew 5 yrs ago, what I know now about living in VN, , there would have been no way I would have come to live here.
' Forewarned is forearmed ".

Oh! Ooops! I thought you were talking about Malaysia. On a good day.

But since we're on the topic, its true you guys dont realize how you talk about Vietnam. There is definitely an aire that winds through all the threads that in the end produces a picture that at least another Asian-liver can see pretty clearly. Im surprised i only had a few MISC questions and if I seem like an old woman about its because I have to hit the ground running, no time for a learning curve.

Jaitch, why would you say im married? Whats up with that?

ngattt wrote:

@Matt: sure, I always think you can :top:. You talked about English woman, reminded me of Margaret Thatcher.

@Bluenz: I have some friends, they live oversee. And their children must study English, local language, Vietnamese :D when they were 1-2-3 years old. Sure their Vietnamese will not good like some kids live here, but I think it's ok. Many Viet parents want their kids can speak English soon, that's why they must spend much money for them. I never spend my own money for learning English, that's why until now I can't speak English well, ha ha. (When I was student, I never dare ask my parents about extra money, just basic money for expense living, even I was a tutor to earn money for myself)

@Virgoks: I think you don't understand my bad mood, when I work with foreigners but I can't speak English  :shy . About 10 years ago, I had a friend, he always asked me to go to the airport with him to be welcome some foreign Professors. I went with him, but I just could say some basic sentences :D. Poor me!
And 8 years ago, I worked with some Korean, but, I couldn't speak with them much, even some of them couldn't speak English well (like me), I must take care of them everyday though (went to restaurant to eat lunch, dinner, shopping sometimes), I must use dictionary always :D. More than 1 year, but I couldn't improve my English at all.
Until last year, a Finnish student here, we created a group to speak English, but still I was very shy (680 Toeic already :P). About 3 months he lived here, just talk a little. But after that, I thought, if I continue like this, still can't speak English, how can I develop my career? Since March 10, we started studying English in my University (it's free!). My foreign teachers always encouraged me to talk English more, and I could "argue" with them by English, kaka; and chat with them everyday. Sometimes they called to ask me something, so I must try to understand them (the truth is that, I can't uderstand all, ka ka). Now my problem is, when I talked to other foreigners, they didn't understand all what I said. Still improve my English everyday, hic hic hic!

You just hang in there, and you'll be ok, just out of curiosity, what is " ka, ka " is it the same as " hi, hi " in Viet sms language?  ( " hic , hic " wouldn't have anything to do with the hiccups though? )

bluenz wrote:

You just hang in there, and you'll be ok, just out of curiosity, what is " ka, ka " is it the same as " hi, hi " in Viet sms language?  ( " hic , hic " wouldn't have anything to do with the hiccups though? )

Thank you!

I don't know others, but I always use like this:
- Ha ha: laugh loud :lol:
- Ka ka: it's not "ha ha", but in the same way, when you feel funny, you want to laugh. I think it combine some these icons: :o:D:lol::whistle:. We use "ka ka" more often than "ha ha"
- Hu hu: crying :((
- Hic hic:  :(. But if you use "hic hic hic" or "hic hu hic", it's also a little funny.
- Hi hi: just smile :)

cvco wrote:

Ha ha  :lol:. I knew he was wrong (because I was discussing with you in many topics so I know you aren't), but at that time, I thought he had a reason to say so  :cool: .

bluenz wrote:
ngattt wrote:

@Matt: sure, I always think you can :top:. You talked about English woman, reminded me of Margaret Thatcher.

@Bluenz: I have some friends, they live oversee. And their children must study English, local language, Vietnamese :D when they were 1-2-3 years old. Sure their Vietnamese will not good like some kids live here, but I think it's ok. Many Viet parents want their kids can speak English soon, that's why they must spend much money for them. I never spend my own money for learning English, that's why until now I can't speak English well, ha ha. (When I was student, I never dare ask my parents about extra money, just basic money for expense living, even I was a tutor to earn money for myself)

@Virgoks: I think you don't understand my bad mood, when I work with foreigners but I can't speak English  :shy . About 10 years ago, I had a friend, he always asked me to go to the airport with him to be welcome some foreign Professors. I went with him, but I just could say some basic sentences :D. Poor me!
And 8 years ago, I worked with some Korean, but, I couldn't speak with them much, even some of them couldn't speak English well (like me), I must take care of them everyday though (went to restaurant to eat lunch, dinner, shopping sometimes), I must use dictionary always :D. More than 1 year, but I couldn't improve my English at all.
Until last year, a Finnish student here, we created a group to speak English, but still I was very shy (680 Toeic already :P). About 3 months he lived here, just talk a little. But after that, I thought, if I continue like this, still can't speak English, how can I develop my career? Since March 10, we started studying English in my University (it's free!). My foreign teachers always encouraged me to talk English more, and I could "argue" with them by English, kaka; and chat with them everyday. Sometimes they called to ask me something, so I must try to understand them (the truth is that, I can't uderstand all, ka ka). Now my problem is, when I talked to other foreigners, they didn't understand all what I said. Still improve my English everyday, hic hic hic!

Ngattt, Margaret Thatcher was a Saint, with more testicular fortitude than any Prime Minister since Winston Churchill.  ;)

ngattt wrote:
cvco wrote:

Ha ha  :lol:. I knew he was wrong (because I was discussing with you in many topics so I know you aren't), but at that time, I thought he had a reason to say so  :cool: .

Fine, then let him speak up.

eodmatt.

Since we are again running off the tracks, i'll say that in 1987 I didnt like Thatcher (or Reagan with whom she was best buddies). But in 2014, given whats happened to both our countries (very similar problems currently) they both truly look like saints.

That time, 1987, I was still taking for granted we still had a country so I could afford to dislike everyone. Today, we are losing the country and what Reagan was fighting against was the very thing we are in right now. In that sense I didnt give either of them enough credit. Thats something you only see in hindsight when its gone.

ngattt wrote:

My best friends are my laptop and mobile :P, I can "play" with them everytime until midnight :D.

So you can definitely learn a lot from the Help Menu, notifications or even error pop up. They used to be my very first English lessons indeed

ngattt wrote:

When I can't sleep, I will "play" with them (reading) until I feel sleepy, kaka.

Just one more step ahead to master English, Nga: Dream in English :)

ngattt wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Thank you!

I don't know others, but I always use like this:
- Ha ha: laugh loud :lol:
- Ka ka: it's not "ha ha", but in the same way, when you feel funny, you want to laugh. I think it combine some these icons: :o:D:lol::whistle:. We use "ka ka" more often than "ha ha"
- Hu hu: crying :((
- Hic hic:  :(. But if you use "hic hic hic" or "hic hu hic", it's also a little funny.
- Hi hi: just smile :)

You're making me feel homesick,  in NZ, a Kaka is a bird, and Huhu is a tasty grub, ( a little like an Aussie Witchity grub ).  and  Hic hic is a drunken Kiwi.

VungTauDon wrote:

I've used Vinasun more than any other second would be Mai Linh. The most common problem I have had is the driver taking longer routes to increase the fare.

I guess he wont like my GPS in his face.

Budman1 wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

You can register K+. Over 100 channels. It costs about 100$ for setting up but after that you just need to pay 4$/month. To me, I just love National Geography.

For ingredients, you can check my post: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=374698

About Taxi, 150 000d from Bui Vien to the airport.

Dejavu you must have a different K+ from the one I've had the past 4 years. I only get about 74 channels.

http://www.kplus.vn/en/home.htm

Website says Access Plan = 70 channels
                      Premium Plan = 86 channels