Flat or House to share beginning in November 2014

Hi, I am a retired older American man looking for a flat or house to share in Da Nang, beginning in Nov. 2014.  I have lived in Vietnam for seven years, mostly on Phu Quoc Island and HCMC.  I want to try living in Da Nang and would prefer renting a room in an apartment or house with other expats or Vietnamese to begin with since I have no contacts there at all.  I will be working freelance writing on computer, and I play acoustic guitar and sing.  I have a very small fixed pension and need a cheap place with cheap places to eat nearby. I can cook a few things also.  I do not smoke or drink and am a quiet person, but very funny and lively when the situation is right.  I sometime tutor English or trade with Vietnamese.  I have a  BA and MA and can help you with writing editing, pronunciation, etc.  I am allergic to cats, new paint, new carpets, etc.  I am looking for a place that is very clean, with fresh air, peace and quiet ...  as much as that is possible.  After dealing with the traffic and pollution in HCMC almost anything will be an improvement.  Although I did have fun there, I prefer a more natural setting, near to a beach if possible.  Let me know if you have something suitable or a tip as to a place to stay for several months while I check out Da Nang for permanent retirement.  I do not want to buy any property, only rentals please.  Thanks, Steven Gold   ([email protected])

Looking for a place to live in Da Nang, to share a flat or house for several months or more.

Hi,

Pls bookmark:

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/v … -rent.html

Renting in danang is cheap. I visited a girl there. She rented a nice big house with 3 floors in the center and it just costed 8 000 0000d/month

If you want to rent, I will try to help on the middle October.

Regards

Hi, thanks for the post.  I am arriving in beginning of Nov.  Because i am checking out Da Nang for the first time, I want to make my first rental as simple as possible.  That is, a furnished place, or room,  where I will not need to put down deposits in my own name and do a lot of paperwork.  If I decide to settle there long term or permanently, then I would not mind doing that, but in the beginning a share, or simple situation would be best for me.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Steven

Hello Steve,

I'm living in the Nesthome apartment building and I think the apartment fulfills most of your criteria. It has good price, usually from 3 to 3.5 mil per month, located about 1km from the beach, quiet and clean air.

You can find people who want to rent their apartment there quite easily. If you need help feel free to contact me. We also have an English speaking cafe here, you can come and chat in English with people there anytime.