Electricity

Seeking info.
Can anyone please give us a rough idea of the cost of electricity per month whilst staying in a Studio apartment in Danang..
Appreciate feedback..

Hard to say. It depends on how much AC you will be running each day and how many computers, monitors, TV,... you will be running. Also since it's a studio, there will probably be only 1 AC unit so may not be that much.

Based on my experience in Vung Tau, if you are living near the sea and not using the AC at all for much of the year, you may pay as little as 250 - 350k vnd (about US$11 - 15) per month.

During the hot season around March - May (basically until the rainy season starts), this can go up to 500 - 600k, more or less double.

However, if you are using the AC constantly, especially during the hot season when nationwide demand is at its peak, then you may end up paying a couple million vnd (close to $100).

This is also assuming that you are paying the electricity company directly rather than your landlord, who often try to charge tenants more.

We just paid last month's bill.  We have 3BR, 4 bath house about 240 sq M, three AC in bedrooms and TV room and hot water in all of the showers with electric water heaters in each.  Last month we had family there for three weeks of the four - average 8-9 people and our bill was 1,000,000 or about $40.  We are in Saigon.

SteinNebraska wrote:

We just paid last month's bill.  We have 3BR, 4 bath house about 240 sq M, three AC in bedrooms and TV room and hot water in all of the showers with electric water heaters in each.  Last month we had family there for three weeks of the four - average 8-9 people and our bill was 1,000,000 or about $40.  We are in Saigon.

Man you're putting the Palace of Buckingham to shame  :lol:

WillyBaldy wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

Thats very cheap. My wife and I lived in Saigon a few years ago, just the two of us with no AC it was 300k a month.

colinoscapee wrote:
WillyBaldy wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

Thats very cheap. My wife and I lived in Saigon a few years ago, just the two of us with no AC it was 300k a month.

My Palace of Buckingham comment was related to the size of the house  :cool:

WillyBaldy wrote:

My Palace of Buckingham comment was related to the size of the house  :cool:

Hey, we have three people living there now that her daughter resides with us. LOL.  I didn't really care for it to be that big but it was what was available in An Phu where she wanted to live that met the budget.  Really it doesn't seem to change that much after you hit 200 M or so.  I just wanted three bedrooms so we have one for guests and the extra space is nice when family visits which, I'm finding out, happens a lot when they live three hours away and they need to go to the city for hospital, etc.