Interested to make new friends...

Hi there,
I'm a Singaporean and I've been living in Bangkok for a year now. Would love to make some new friends if possible..I love meeting people from all over the world as I'm interested in languages and cultures too. I'm new to this site so please drop me a message if you can!:)

Hi mixedgal,
Where about in BKK are you? My name is Tavit, If you want to become friends I am here. What languages do you speak?
Tavit

Hi Tavit,
It's really nice to receive a message on this forum, thank you!:)I'm living in the Sukhumvit area of BKK but I travel alot to Sathorn as I am studying French there. I speak Mandarin, Tamil(indian language), a bit of Malay and "survivable" French too. How about you? What do you do in Thailand and are you a Thai? It's not very easy to make Thai friends here as most people live far from town, as a result they prefer going straight home after work, rather than having dinner/drinks after work, like most Singaporeans. What have you been up to for the long weekend btw?

you never thought you'd get a reply right? You know what you got English in your list of languages. I am a Thai. Apart from studying French in Sathorn area what other work do you do here in BKK? My office is near Maenam Hotel not far from Sathorn. Long weekend I spent in the market as i have stall to sell things. Not a chance for a rest though!
Tavit

hi...im knew to this sites too..im looking for new friend from bangkok i hope i can be one of your new friend?im planning to vicit your place on november and i need help to help me find cheap place to stay well i wll be traveling together with my friends..hope to hear from you and any tips..thanks..risa..im fropm the philippines.

Hi,

I'm Nan, living in Bkk, I'd love to drink and having dinner after work. If you are interesting pls drop me the line

Nan

Hi All, I am always interested in drinks/dinner after work.  I live around Sukhumvit 55 area.  Send me a message, or we can get a group together sometime.

Cheers,
Chris

Sukhumvit 55? Damn you live just 3 soi's away from me. XD

Haha.  Well anytime you head out someplace, just let me know.

Hi all,
It's so nice to hear from so many people!:)
@Risa: I'm sorry to have viewed your message so late! But do let me know if you are already in BKK and would like to hang out or have more queries on BKK...I'd love to be of help in any way I can.

@Paul: Hi Paul! I've been dying to learn salsa but I haven't started yet as I think I need more motivation and also, I'm quite interested in the salsa classes at Amarin Plaza, but they are usually with partners and I don't have one. As for now, I think they have more regular classes on "Salsa Solo".
I have tried salsa dancing on some Fridays at the Dream Hotel, that too has been so much fun!

@Nan: It's so nice to meet you Nan! I'd love to hang out with you whenever I'm not having classes or back in Singapore as I travel back home quite often.

@Chris: Nice to meet you Chris and welcome to Bangkok! I'm sure you're loving it living here so far..it's a great city to be in.:)
I'm also living in the Sukhumvit area(@ Soi 12) like most expats and I'd love to hang out with all of you whenever possible too. Friday evenings are the best so do let me know of the next gathering! I'm always hearing about the beer garden being mentioned on this site, but I've no clue to where it's located at. Right now, a new club called Insomnia has just opened outside my place. Not sure how it's like though.

My email address is: [email protected] free to drop me a line there as I check it more often than this site for emails...so please do keep in touch with me everyone..I'd love to make new friends!

HELLO..MIXED..
hw  ru??
well me too kind of new in here..jst starting my bangkok life..
ok ..lets be in touch..:)
tc

Hi Guys, Its Andy I am expat in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, recently I have accepted job offer in Bangkok. Can you please advise me moving  to BKK. I don't have any family or friends in BKK. Hope to join you guys after on New year.

Hello All,

I'm Nadia Living in Bangkok, It sound very nice to get know all together. I'm living in On-Nut area. If anybody free let's meet up.. My skype is mydearnadia.

Hope to see you soon,

Nadia

What soi in on-nut, Nadia? I live just behind tescos, literally.

Hallo Luis,

My place is between On-nut soi 37 and 39. There is many good restaurant and nice Thai massage. Oh! It is nice price for massage at on-nut such as 100 THB for a hour Thai massage or foot massage. Have you been there?

Hi there :)

I am also new to this site, but certainly not new to Thailand as I have been visiting here for many years.  I am now based full time in Pattaya, but often travel to BKK on business & client visits etc..

I am originally from the UK and have a good friend in Singapore who I visit frequently.  My girlfriend is from the Philippines - so we are very multi-cultural!

There is a little about me on my 'profile' but do feel free to drop me a line (or two) and say "hi" if you fancy a chat.  I agree that it is quite difficult to meet friends with similar outlooks on life - so maybe the power of the internet will save us all!?

Andrew

@Andy: Hi Andy, have you already moved to Bangkok? I sure do miss visiting Malaysia since I've lots of relatives living there. What I miss most is the food as in my opinion it's better than the food in Singapore, especially Indian and Malay food, my favourite!:)

@Nadia: Hi Nadia, On Nut is not too far away, especially by BTS from where I'm staying too! I've a Thai friend living there and we meet often in town for dinner/drinks. Hope to join everyone once I'm back from France on the 1st of Jan. Do keep me posted on regular meet-ups anywhere in BKK!

@Andrew: Hi Andrew, it's nice to meet you! I'm still a litte confused as to what you're doing but feel free to fill me in whenever you've the time.:) Oh that's nice, so I'm sure you know quite a bit about my country, the little island of Singapore already? How do you like it there? Seems too perfect and clean huh?;) That's what most foreigners comment about Singapore lol.
So you're pretty multi-cultural too and I'm sure you've lived in the Philippines previously and you know a bit of Tagalog?
I've always wanted to visit the Philippines, especially Cebu island. Hope to do so someday soon.
And I do agree that the power of the internet is fabulous! It connects people from all over the world and certainly assists in much faster communication than ever before. Well I'm definately in for a chat so do drop me a line whenever!

Hello everyone, anyone up and about for drinks tonight in Sukhumvit Soi 4 beer garden known as Bus Stop. Chris knows it well now!!! ;)

Sounds like fun unfortunately I'm not in BKK at the moment.:(
Seems like everyone knows this place really well..never seen it before though. Hope to join all of you sometime soon!

Hope everyone here is doing well and we all can get together soon!  I have been in and out of BKK the last few weeks and heading to Los Angeles for a few weeks.

Lets all get together early new year!!!

Hi everyone i am currently in Cambodia but i will take a week long holiday in BKK in January..i like going out for drinks,and just having fun really.maybe i could join you guys...if you dont mind:)

Nice to see so many friendly people.  I am going to Bangkok for New Years for about four days.  Does anyone have any suggestions or whatnot.

Hi guys!!

Wish you'll a Very Happy New Year!!

Im Dushanthan (Dush). Im also new to this site and also new to bangkok, been living here for the past 2 months. Now i live at Sukhumvit Soi 23. Im an engineer, plan to be here in thailand for a year or more. Its quite difficult making friends out here as most of my colleagues are from outta bangkok so hardly anytime to hang around with them after work. So i hope this blog will help me make some new friends and get to know you guys better. So drop me a msg on [email protected] if you'll are in and around sukhumvit so we could meet up for a chat or drinks.

take care guys.

I'm living at Sukhumvit77

i am paco i living in spain but in january I travel to Bangkok to work and live there and would like to be your friend but the problem i speak very little English i speak spanish, but make a great effort.
nice to meet you.
AND SEE YOU SOON

Hola chevi, un patriota aqui establecido :) So when we meeting then people?

Hope everyone is doing well and had a good Holiday/New Year.

I am back in town and looking to set-up a meet and greet or something.

Anyone interested?

Next weekend perhaps, chris? ( although we both live very near each other )

Hi everyone!

It's not too difficult to find Thai friends :)
I would love to know you all as well
You can send me a message if you wanna hang out with

stay awesome

, Lina

Hi to all!
Finally I moved to Bangkok ... seems boring until now its my 2nd day here and I am an expat here.

Hi everyone,
Wow, I have been away for sometime and it's surprising to see so many replies to my original post! First of all a very happy new year to all of you and I am sure you all must have had a great time celebrating the new year! I was in Europe and it was really, really cold. I am just back from my travels to Europe and Singapore, so more or less settled down back in BKK.
Therefore now I have sometime to respond back to all the lovely emails that I have received so far.:)(Btw my apologies to those who have written to me and I have not had the time to respond yet)
If anyone is arranging a meet-up for drinks or coffee, I'd love to join in this time. Tomorrow I am out with classmates of mine from the Alliance Francaise for some dinner and drinks at a jazz bar. Not sure where it is as my friends are arranging it.
If anyone would like to join in please do drop me a message in my inbox or alternatively, we could always arrange a meet-up over coffee/drinks somewhere next week.
Meantime have a great weekend everyone!

Goshhhhhhhhh .. my 2nd week in BKK and just head off from my work ... now its my weekend any one free to meet up?

Hi All,
I'm Larry from Singapore and would to meet you nice people for a chat & drink. I'm staying at Lumpini Rama 9, pls email me if there's a meet up. [email protected]

hello everyone. im new to this site but been in thailand for a long time. i just saw this thread. :D

Hello Larry and Chocnut!
Btw Larry, it's nice to meet fellow Singaporeans out here...haven't met any in person since I've moved to Bangkok and missing a good chat on my country! I've heard of Rama 9 but have not been there yet since I'm living in the Sukhumvit area. So how long have you been in BKK and what do you do?
Hi Chocnut, what do you do here in Bangkok and which part of this vibrant city do you live in? Maybe we could meet up one of these days for a coffee and chat?:)

Hi MixedGal,

Ok let me know. Tomorrow is holiday and its going to be a long weekend. I sent you a private message as well. If you guys want to join us for a coffee or drink post your reply here or message me.

Good day to all of you and enjoy your weekends :)

chocnut wrote:

Hi MixedGal,

Ok let me know. Tomorrow is holiday and its going to be a long weekend. I sent you a private message as well. If you guys want to join us for a coffee or drink post your reply here or message me.

Good day to all of you and enjoy your weekends :)

Hi Chocnut!
Thanks for your email but so sorry I could not make it to meet you last week as I had friends visiting from Singapore. So I was busy then and this weekend again some friends are here to visit. I am free mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the week. Maybe we could meet up for coffee after you're done with work? At the Sukhumvit area if possible?
Btw, I think the next expat group meeting might be tomorrow night. You should get in touch with Luis to check on where/what time the meet-up's happening?

I'm coming for our group meet up on this friday, anyone is coming let's meet up there. Ready for weekend.

Messages have already been sent, and I started the weekend yesterday night XD

Thanks for the message and like yours, my weekend started earlier too, which is the weekend before haha!;)Hope to finally meet everyone later, provided you guys do not change the location too early.