Beach life

I'm seeking to live near a beach where there are few people, fresh water, and the means to grow food. I don't need a car, air conditioning, or any modern conveniences. I just want peace and quiet and to be left alone. I'm supportive of those who respect my need for seclusion and will buy their produce and pay for their services. What islands should I be considering?

try Marinduque or Uzon Islands next to Tabaco City, finding a quiet Island here should't be a problem, there's more than 7000

beach lifeI'm seeking to live near a beach where there are few people, fresh water, and the means to grow food. I don't need a car, air conditioning, or any modern conveniences. I just want peace and quiet and to be left alone. I'm supportive of those who respect my need for seclusion and will buy their produce and pay for their services. What islands should I be considering?

Hello,

Okay,

You want a beach life. Go to the province of Batangas (southern Luzon) town of San Juan, barangay Laiya, there are land you can buy and they have nice beach too, white sand.

lee

Thanks for your reply, but from what I gather, that area is mostly high priced tourist resorts, and I'm subsisting on a meager income. Also, you say I can buy land there. Can an expat buy land in the Philipines?

i think well known places that you will be directed to will be tourist spots and relatively more expensive - as it is not expensive to get around by bus and ferry and stay at local hotels why not travel around a bit first and see for yourself - you will find that in general southern parts less expensive and gentler than northern parts of the philippines - you may wish to look around in northern mindinao, leytee, samar, cebu, negros - why not go to the major cities in those areas and then travel from city to city checking out the towns by the sea and beaches - if you are comfortable renting a motorcycle then it will be easy and cheap

you can try..malabrigo,lobo batangas...

Thanks for your reply, but from what I gather, that area is mostly high priced tourist resorts, and I'm subsisting on a meager income. Also, you say I can buy land there. Can an expat buy land in the Philipines

Sure, you can buy a land there. I bought 2 hectares of coconut farm in Batangas, a lot in one subdivision in Batangas and a three bedroom condo still under construction in Mandaluyong City.

leem817

Thanks for your reply. Tell me more about your coconut farm. I'm interested in coconut oil extracted mechanically for the organic market. Also, how far from the beach is your farm?

Thanks for your reply. Tell me more about your coconut farm. I'm interested in coconut oil extracted mechanically for the organic market. Also, how far from the beach is your farm?

Right now my caretaker harvested coconut every 45 days but lately I entered a contract with this guy there for taking care of everything. There are some business man  there willing to pay me 50 pesos per coconut tree just to harvest the "tuba" and usually they make coconut vinegar out of it. My farm is about 23 km from the beautiful beach called "Laiya beach" in San Juan Batangas. You can google this beach if you want too.

leem817

try glan sarrangani province in Mindanao.:)

It will all depend on your budget. We just visited and great place here in Cebu City right by the beach. And we also have a place up in the mountains where the climate is cooler. In both locations, you can plant your own veggie and herbs.

In Batangas, there are also beach front locations available. But, the question is, what is your budget? Do you want to buy your own place, do rent-to-own? Will you be getting a retirement visa here or are you married to a Filipina?

Let me know your preferences and I can send more info to you.

Pinaymentor

Try Zambales... or Cebu... :-)