Find a job in Ireland

Hi,

You are an expat living in Ireland? Please share your experience!

What is the best way to find a job in Ireland?

The Internet? Please tell us which are the most useful / effective websites for job seekers in Ireland.

Recruitment agencies? Have you got their contact?

Newspapers? Which ones?

organizations?

Thanks in advance for your participation

hi there,i am looking for a job in dublin.could you please help me.thanks

Some useful Irish based job boards and agencies include:

Direct Source Network

Jobs.ie

Salesjobs.ie

Richmond Recruitment

I hope this helps...

Regards,

Phil Finane
Direct Source Network

Hi I'm just looking into what the average wage is in Ireland. Minimum wage is 8.65 correct?

What would the average wage be for the following

Waitress/Bartender/Server Etc.

Hotel Desk Clerk

Housekeeping

Just curious, we're only looking for jobs for about two months, is it a problem to find things like that?

My best friend and I from Canada are touring/working through Europe and Ireland is where we would like to maintain a residence for a couple months!

Any site links/helpful tips would be much appreciated!
Thanks!!

Mauritian looking for job, pl contact him if any thing or referral available, [email protected] is his email address.

greetings all!

my wife has an irish passport by dint of the fact that her grandfather came to the US from ireland.  does this equate with an irish CITIZENSHIP?  and if so, could i - a US citizen, but not an IRISH citizen - work in ireland?

thanks in advance for any replies!

[moderated: no free ads]

@ ThatOneGuy:

It's been a while since you posted but if you're still looking for information this might help you you from the website movetoireland.com/movepag/pascitzn.htm

Marriage

If you've been married for at least three years to an Irish citizen who has themselves been a citizen for at least three years, you can apply for citizenship. This application is made to the Department of Justice.

You'll need to provide a marriage certificate, proof that the Irish spouse is Irish by birth or descent, and a statement from the Irish partner confirming that you're really living together as man and wife. If you haven't been married for three years, but wish to return to Ireland with your spouse, your spouse has a presumed "right of residence."

In other words, barring unusual circumstances like felony convictions in the spouse's background, you may both move to Ireland and live here together. Under rules which came into effect in April 1999, the non-Irish spouse may work in Ireland without a work permit. If the spouse is an EU citizen, he or she must register with the authorities, but no work permit is required. Here's more on work permits.

CJ makes this important point: "As a US citizen married to an Irish national for over three years, I am entitled to Irish citizenship. The only reason I want to get the citizenship and passport is so that I could travel thru the EU at some later date. For day to day living in Ireland, if you are a dependent of an Irish or EU citizen, you do not need citizenship for anything else. You are still entitled to all the social benefits as a resident and can still work."

Check out

easyrecruit.ie

I have found them very helpful
and they found me a job!

Finding a job in Ireland right now is tough, at best. Recruiters can be quite helpful and I concur with the recommendations already given. Another good job posting site is irishjobs.ie.

Regarding ThatOneGuy and NiamhG's response, the law allowing spouses of Irish citizens to apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage (post-nuptial citzenship) is no longer valid after the immigration laws changed in 2005. Spouses of Irish citizens have to live in Ireland for a minimum of 5 years in order to apply for citizenship. However, you can obtain legal Irish residency based on your spouse's citizenship which allows you to work and live in Ireland. Visit inis.gov.ie - Ireland's department of immigration and naturalisation for more information.

Need help to find a summer job. Any Web links ? Thank you

;)This is a good answer for find work...

Looking for a job using your language skills or need expatriate advice?

Then come and join us at the Bilingual People Fair in Dublin, the largest and most exciting language jobs and Expat exhibition of its kind dedicated to multi-lingual recruitment.

If you are a bilingual or multi-lingual speaker and you are interested in finding a great job that meets your skills or need expatriate services or advice, this is a "must see" event.
Companies from across Europe will be exhibiting

Why you should not miss the Bilingual People Fair ...
• No waiting on feedback
• No CV shortlisting
• No delays

This is your golden opportunity to meet the biggest Companies in Ireland and across Europe in a direct and face to face environment. They are only there to hear from you! These fairs are valuable for them to attract the best candidates and recruit the top talent in the marketplace so make sure you do not miss the chance.

We have a fantastic track record with our clients of providing them with exactly the sort of audience they are looking for. Whether you are an Expat looking for a particular service or a jobseeker looking to use your languages in a new position then this is the one time this year that we will be organizing a Fair in Dublin, so make sure you don't miss it.

The Bilingual People Fair will target candidates seeking multi-lingual positions in sectors such as Customer Service, Shared Service & Finance, IT, Sales, Marketing and Translation attracting leading international companies.

Location and opening times
The Guinness Storehouse, St James Gate, Dublin 8
Sat. 27th March 2010 from 10.00 to 18.00

Claim your free ticket
If you would like to register for this FREE event please go to:
http://www.bilingualpeople.ie/get_ticket

We look forward to meeting you there!
Please feel free to pass the event details to friends who may be interested

Link of movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmU8PgaD2Ws

I hope this helps :)

Hi All,

I moved to Dublin a few weeks ago with my husband who is here on an inter-company work visa. I am actively looking for a job and have checked out all the sites posted on the previous postings but am finding it VERY difficult to find a job if you are not an eu citizen like myself. I have read through all the information on the citizens information site and from what I can tell you MUST get a job offer before you can even apply for a work visa. However, with the Irish economy the way it is now I find that companies don't want to waste the time on hiring a non-eu citizen because they will have to go through the process of getting a work visa for the employee and pay all of the fees.

anastasiacampion - are you an EU citizen? Sounds like you found a job pretty easily through a recruitment agency. However, I just spoke to a recuriter today who told me that for my situation it would be easier to go through the company directly rather than an agency.

Has any non-eu citizen had any luck??

CmeloHill -
I am in a similar situation to yourself. I'm an American here with my boyfriend and I'm looking for work. Have you had any luck finding a job or getting a work visa?

Welcome to all new members in this discussion :)

Did any of you check out the ads in Job Offers? You might also wish to post your ad there yourself.

Hope this helps! :)

My name is Egor.
I am from Russia.I am atomic engineering.
I want to live in Ireland. I want to have a lot of irish celtic friends.) Help me!)

[Moderated: No free ad. Please post in Ireland jobs section]

[Moderated: please post in the Jobs section of the site]

Avoid recruitment agencies at all costs. Many recruitment agencies 'fish' to attract more CV's/Resumes on their database (they regularly advertise false jobs). Speaking as someone who fell victim to this. The best way is to apply direct to the employer or interested party.

Dear Robbie

I was dissapointed to read your post.  I am really sorry that was your experience with a recruitment firm, however I can assure you I am working on aprox 20 roles some to start from Monday 30th July (aprox 5 Swedish/Danish/Dutch) and the rest to start in September 2012.

I have 16 years recruitment experience and we do not advertise roles that are not live, it would not be in my or a candidates best interests to do so. 

I wish you the best of luck with your job search!