I want to know about Vietnam

Hi Everyone!

I'm patric from Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India. At present I work at Dubai, UAE. 'm planning to work at Vietnam next year, before that I would like to know some details about the city.

I've heard its a beautiful and developing city , so my questions are

1) Will language be a problem? I have to communicate in English till I learn the native language
2)For foreigners working there, will the company provide accommodation?
3)How are the people in the country?
4)How do I apply for jobs in the country?
5) Applying for a citizenship is possible there?

Please let me know all the details so that I can prepare myself for now on to make a better start in moving to your city

Thanks! :)

Hi Patric,
Relating to your concerns, I'd like to tell you my opinion :
1. Language is not a big problem. Many VNese people can communicate in English. If you take a look at this forum, there are some members who are willing to help you to learn VNese and get used to with the culture.
2. Depending on the policy of the company. Some do and some other don't. But reasonable priced accommodations aren't difficult to find.
3. None of the country in the world is perfect. Ofc, you may see good and even bad people. But don't worry, most of VNese are friendly and open. We like to help and love to share.
4. It depends on what kind of job you are looking for. Linkedin and some other HR Webs maybe good for job hunt.
5. I am not sure about that. But some of foreigners I know have been in the country for over 20 years, and they have renewed their visa many times.

Hope it help

Tony

It did help! Thanks!

Some more queries.
1) How about the cost of living?
2)Climate?
3)What is the basic average pay starting for foreigners?

Hi,

You can connect http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/profile.php?id=732125〈=en

He is also an Indian and an active person who has lived in Vietnam for years. He will answer all questions you give him. ( Lol sorry charma  :D )

Regards.

Are you from vietnam? If so, you can also help

patricbabu wrote:

Are you from vietnam? If so, you can also help

Ok. If so let me answer your question:

1) Will language be a problem? I have to communicate in English till I learn the native language
2)For foreigners working there, will the company provide accommodation?
3)How are the people in the country?
4)How do I apply for jobs in the country?
5) Applying for a citizenship is possible there?

2 and 4) It is not easy for a foreigner to apply a job here. That is what I feel from a Vietnamese view. I don't know what about expats think. I see there are a lot lot lot foreigners teaching English here. Seems it is a trend. If you have high studying certifications and experiences in finance and management, you can find a job easier. A company will not provide accommodation for normal positions. It is better for you to post your CV before coming here. If a company  agrees to recruit you, it means they will manage everything.
1) When you don't intend to communicate  with 84 m Vietnamese, language is not the problem. The problem is $.
3) 5) People are good and bad every where. Maybe it will change you to a new person when you stay here. I can't tell much. Vietnam just accepts 1 nationality. It means you have to quit your nationality to have Vietnamese nationality. Another solution is temporary residential card (3 years-work permit/investment) and Visa exemption (5 years-after getting married with a Vietnamese)

Thanks a ton man!
You're views are really appreciated.
ill try my best and yeah your views just gave me a confidence of preparing myself to come there.Thanks!

:D Ow charlie!

If so I just can say
http://media.tiin.vn/media01/4e6eaf58ba7e1/2013/06/03/8bbd9cb7-b145-46d8-81f9-90b9d9f2208e.jpg

is there anyway i can contact you other than the blog site?

why do you want to contact me?

Just to know the people of Vietnam better, and your city.

Isn't it better to make a first date before entry?  :dumbom:

Dejavu.dot wrote:

why do you want to contact me?

1. There is no problem with language and you don't need to worry too much  :)
2. Yes, many companies offer accommodation sometimes food too!
3. People are very friendly, especially girls  :)
4. You can find out job websites which already discussed in this forum. Just make a quick scan of old threads. So you can reduce your queries!
5. Yes, you can apply if you lived continuously 5 years and a good knowledge in Vietnamese language. (Don't just dream they give when you apply  :/ )

Tailpiece: If you don't want to make much money (Dubai is a better city for that), Vietnam is a nice place to live! You cannot be greedy because  locals don't like to share that 'position'!