English TV IN SPAIN?

Hi,

I have a very large dish attached to my house in Duquessa, any news on English TV in Spain?

I am trying to avoid TV over IP... I keep seeing little receivers which claim to pickup English/ Sky channels now?

Also, who provides the fastest internet for the Duquesa area? I also want a VPN connection to the UK.

Thanks
Luke

Down south the freesat reception has gone, the only solution now is internet tv to get those channels.
I may be wrong but if you have a skybox and sky subscription you may be alright, hopefully someone can clear that up.

Good news is if you manage to find fast net and a good vpn the telly online is perfectly doable.

I moved to spain in may and i've tried a few different providers but found wemissourtv.com to be the best. There are quite a lot of providers out there, some have free trials so you can see which work best for you.

Hi

I still watch the pay channels on Sky but cant get the freeview ones now.  I have been looking for the best alternative as I don't want to continue to pay for two separate systems.  I also now have an IPTV box which goes through my internet router.  It is HD so when it works it is a good picture and sound.  My only problem is I have to get internet through a wireless dish and the main line it comes from is overloaded so although I pay for 3mb I often dont get more than 1.8mb.  As a result the IPTV breaks up at times, usually when the most popular programmes come on.

If you have land line internet and it is reliable you could get an IPTV box which would work well with a minimum of 4 mb.  It costs me 15 euros a month at the moment and this supplies freeview, sky, sky movies, sky sport and most of the pay channels.  I suspect it may do but hope it does not shoot up in price in the second year.  I stress I would recommend it but only if your download speed is reliable.

Hope that helps.

I know there's a free Android app that you can use to try it. It works well in Gib and Fuengirola & I get most of the tv channels including BBC some Sky sports & movies etc with no subscription either  If I want itv player or BBC etc I use a fast Pure VPN.  As said before it helps having a half decent connection

Hi

Sorry but a bit confused.  How do you get the subscription free TV.  Would be useful to look at it. 

Also Luke, whatever speed the companies give you, it is totally down to the number of downloads being shared.  Look at the speeds being offered and at least half them.  If you have internet already, try doing a download speed test, and you may get a nasty shock.

Thanks

campogirl wrote:

Hi

Sorry but a bit confused.  How do you get the subscription free TV.  Would be useful to look at it. 

Also Luke, whatever speed the companies give you, it is totally down to the number of downloads being shared.  Look at the speeds being offered and at least half them.  If you have internet already, try doing a download speed test, and you may get a nasty shock.

Thanks

There's one from filmon.tv & one from xbdroid.com  that installs a program called xbmc & then all the add ons you need with some live streams movies etc works well on my samsung tablet & S5.  Here it is link

Thanks

I was hoping for live time, but will look at those.

If I buy a desktop computer in UK will there be a problem connecting up in Spain?

No.

The only problem is if you want to write things in Spanish because English style keyboards lack the accents so common in Spanish

The only possible issue to type Spanish with an English keyboard would be whether the word processing application used (most likely Microsoft Word) has the "special character" options.

Practically all word processing applications for the past 15+ years are capable of typing letters with any accent needed for French. Spanish, German, and most any other language.

It's slow, but can be done.  In whatever application being used, search for "special characters" under the "help" option and follow the instructions.

ꜞSuerte!

Good point, didn't think of that one, thanks.. Can't currently speak Spanish but hope to rectify that.

i got a good box after the satellite chnnels went down
from expat-telly.com
works fine