Heliopolis/Nasr/Rehab

Is there any reasonably priced hotels in Heliopolis or Nasr City to stay but still easy access to downtown using public transport?

i guess not, thats why most of tourists stick with those in zamalek and maadi, the only ones in hilioplis is on salah salem road, and khalifa ma'moon street, or those at the airport

backtothesuture wrote:

i guess not, thats why most of tourists stick with those in zamalek and maadi, the only ones in hilioplis is on salah salem road, and khalifa ma'moon street, or those at the airport

Ok I see , so I'f I stay downtown will I  be able to get to El Rehab ...?   Metro of bus ?

Sofie7 wrote:
backtothesuture wrote:

Ok I see , so I'f I stay downtown will I  be able to get to El Rehab ...?   Metro of bus ?

hi
i would like to help u by anyway
i will give u some useful sits about al rehab city
http://www.alrehabcity.com/newrehab/index.aspxhttps://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/e … -city.html
i think there are buses not metro to el rehab

hi
there are many hotels in Haram area and thire prices are reasonably but it is far away from el Rehab ,you can take a bus called CTA from many places to el eehab especialy in downtown bus station

john25 wrote:
Sofie7 wrote:
backtothesuture wrote:

hi
http://www.alrehabcity.com/newrehab/index.aspxhttps://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/e … -city.html

THanx John for your advice and much appreciated , I will check these sites out .. Thanx again ...:)

hanoo wrote:

hi
there are many hotels in Haram area and thire prices are reasonably but it is far away from el Rehab ,you can take a bus called CTA from many places to el eehab especialy in downtown bus station

Great i will check this, and i will googe map Harem because i actaully have not heard of it, thanks again Hanoo

Sofie7 wrote:
john25 wrote:
Sofie7 wrote:

hi

THanx John for your advice and much appreciated , I will check these sites out .. Thanx again ...:)

u are welcome!!!!

http://www.alrehabcity.com/newrehab/Services_Trans.aspx

Hi,
Regarding transport to Rehab City, there are conditioned buses from SRAYY EL KOBA (Heliopolis).
According to my experience a furnished flat in Heliopolis may be more reasonable.
If need specific assistance near Heliopolis or even in Rehab, reach me.
Good luck.
Dr. IMIG
imig@tedata.net.eg

Harem or haram is pyramid, so it just means the pyramid/Pyramid street district.

The best place to stay in and be kinda near from Rehab transportation is to stay in msr el gedida or nasr city  but you can't find a lot of hotels around this area so i recommend you to rent a flat there its gonna be good and not bad prices too, if you need anything i could help just tell me
Blesses

Oh i forgot i don't recommend el haram area at all i don't know why but i don't feel it safe and i don't know just a feeling.....

IMIG wrote:

Hi,
Regarding transport to Rehab City, there are conditioned buses from SRAYY EL KOBA (Heliopolis).
According to my experience a furnished flat in Heliopolis may be more reasonable.
If need specific assistance near Heliopolis or even in Rehab, reach me.
Good luck.
Dr. IMIG
imig@tedata.net.eg

Thanx for the info , again very much appreciated.
I am trying to keep all my options open as where to stay until i get settled .
And thanks for your contact info,i may need it!
Regards Sofie

Egyptianme wrote:

The best place to stay in and be kinda near from Rehab transportation is to stay in msr el gedida or nasr city  but you can't find a lot of hotels around this area so i recommend you to rent a flat there its gonna be good and not bad prices too, if you need anything i could help just tell me
Blesses

Oh i forgot i don't recommend el haram area at all i don't know why but i don't feel it safe and i don't know just a feeling.....

Yes i like the idea of Rehab but i do know its quite far from Cairo, but then again so is Heliopolis and Nasr,
Yes it maybe the only option, is to rent.  i have priced Rehab before for renting, but i need to do more looking .
Thanks for your offer of advice, and yes i think i iwll give Haram a miss .
Regards

it is easy to find it

3asheqmajnoon wrote:

it is easy to find it

El Rehab is easy to find but, commuting to Cairo is the problem .
I was wanting to live in Rehab, and work in  Cairo but I won't be driving in EG , not for awhile anyway
and public transport would be a nightmare .
I can imagine much worse than commuting in Central London every day :(

Hi ,

Check hotels in Heliopolis .You may find some affordable hotels ,other wise Cairo downtown offers a wide collections of hotels ,hostels and you have the metro near by.

Good luck

ottawagirl wrote:

Hi ,

Check hotels in Heliopolis .You may find some affordable hotels ,other wise Cairo downtown offers a wide collections of hotels ,hostels and you have the metro near by.

Good luck

Thanx for that !!
Yes I prefer to be nearer Rehab than downtown ...... I'm
going to check them out and book asap .
Regards Sofie

Hi,
May I Ask just to help, Are you still looking for Flat or only a room in AL REHAB City?.
Good Luck.
IMIG

Hi Sofie7
I will tell you how to get El-rehab city from anywhere
You take the Metro to " saraya EL-Kobba" station
in front of the station you will find buses go straight inside El-rehab
this is guaranteed way I tried many times

The commute from Rehab is long. You can take the Rehab bus to the Heliopolis Saray El Kobba station and then hop of the metro. It will take you at least an hour each way.

A good hotel in Heliopolis: Keratin Hotel

I agree... Rehab bus seen more safety and comfort.  . I prefer this way from Saray El Koba Metro Station instead of using my car as I am working in Heliopolis and have a small flat in Rehab City.
Good Luck for all.
Dr. IMIG

I don't recommend any form of public transport at all :)

If you'll be working in Cairo try to live somewhere near work coz the traffic is an ongoing nightmare so even after you start driving here you'll be wishing that you didn't have to :D

Sophie if the school you are going to work for is in Rehab, then they should provide you with transportation and a housing allowance!

Almost all 'International' schools have buses! So, get intouch with your school and make sure they provide it for you!
Haram is at the other end of the city and you will go insaine commuting from Rehab to there.

1- There are furnished flats available for rent all over Cairo.
2- If your work in in Rehab then I suggest focusing on Maadi or Heliopolis. No where else!!!
3-Rehab has shuttle buses from the compound/mini city otherwise you will pay a fortune in cab fare!

I was considering buying a place there but it is far out in the desert and I don't have a car. If you want to enjoy a night out, going to a pub, cinema in the city... you would think 1000 times over!
Personally, I wouldn't do it.

VIP!!!!
Your school should provide you with transportation and housing allowance.
If you are a QUALIFIED teacher from England with working experience, your salary shouldn't be less than $2300 a month, nothing less than 10 000 LE a month!
If they are taking you for a ride, it's better to know now before you get here, you have muscle room to renegotiate and if they won't budge there are plenty of schools who will offer you all of the above!

If you're insisting on a hotel then in Heliopolis there is the
Baron and Karven Hotel.

The owner of the Karven is an Indian gentleman and I have been there many times to enjoy the roof garden and restaurants. The place is clean and the food is FAB! Its in an acessible area of Heliopolis. I think it would fall between a 2 or a 3 star hotel. I have no idea what the rates are though.

Excellent advice above :)

Re: hotel & prices - I feel booking.com/ offers the best hotel price guides - for Egypt & globally. (anyone else may pls confirm?)

You may drill into the results 'by District' and Google map it too. Then, add this data - to the qualitative info provided by other amazing residents - bingo! you have choices!!

I used the site recently, for bookings in Dubai. It was suggested by a (friend) marketing manager at a hotel there. Seems, he used it for tracking competitors.

Wish you a fun stay in Cairo/Egypt.

Don't allow fear - to spoil the adventure

Thanx for this info Who as it's good for future destinations  that I go to , like the carribean etc .
I ended up moving a month ago and sharing a flat in Rehab , . Thanx again

when are you coming to Egypt... There are buses and public transportation from Heliopolis to Rehab. My suggestion is to stay in Heliopolis.
Heliopolis is one of the best areas in Egypt

If you are going to work in Rehab, my opinion is to live in Rehab!
Price there could be around 3000 LE/ month, for a furnished flat, and even you could share it with someone!
Rehab is a very clean area, secured, with a lot of green areas. It looks like European district. No garbage in the street, no noise...nice architecture, shopping areas.
Concerning transportation, don t worry!
Inside Rehab there are buses, and to Cairo, there are two buses that go regularly to City Stars- Nasr City and the other one to Saray el Kobba- Heliopolis, where it is a metro train station, so very easy to reach from there any place in Cairo!
In addition, the quality of buses that go inside Rehab, and outside to Cairo is very good! I tell you this because inside Cairo most buses are very dirty, around " out of function", and this could be a problem for your clothes, and for your health too!

i stayed at the Oasis hotel in Helioplis in Cairo when i was new.
The Rehab bus goes very near to it.
Its very cheap on booking . com around $25 a night but be warned it is very dirty but on the plus side it is safer than downtown hotels.

See in Classifieds Egypt, it is a post about a small flat for rent in Rehab. Rehab has a very good security, even you can t enter without a residence card or a good reason in that area.
Finally, it is your decision where you will stay!

beirut hotel

There's actually 3 more 3 stars hotels in Heliopolis beside Oasis Hotel:

The Karvin Hotel Heliopolis
Hotel RatingAddress11 Mohamed Ebeid Street

Beirut Hotel Heliopolis
Hotel RatingAddress56 Beirut Street

Al Horreya Hotel Heliopolis
Hotel RatingAddress14 Horreya Street

You can check prices here: [Moderated No Ads pls]

- Royal palace Hotel (Heliopolis)
- Truimph Hotel (Heliopolis)
- Karvin Hotel (Merghany - Heliopolis)
- Horreya Hotel (Merghany - Heliopolis)
- Dar El Defaa Hotel (Nozha Street - Heliopolis)