Help: medical insurance in france

I will be coming to Lyon to study for one year in the comping September and I need a medical insurance for the Schengen area (medical, hospitalization, repatriation and personal liability) to apply for my visa. As I am over 30, I cannot register under the normal social security scheme. I need a private insurance. I tried to contact some insurance companies in France but got no reply. Time is running short and I am a bit anxious...Could anyone tell me whom I can turn to for information and purchase one that meets the requirements of visa application? Thanks a lot!

thanks bttab!

it's called EXPAT INSURANCE and is very expensive. google it.

yes, bailetm, it can be very expensive. I got a quotation of about 110 euro per month! Finally I found something much cheaper, which meets all the requirements of a long stay visa. It's only about 430 euro for 12 months.

One of the insurance companies is called Mondassur, and the other Asselio Assurances et Credits. Probably I'll opt for Asselio because they have an office in Lyon.

not really a reply but a further question.  I am not an EU citizen.

I've read some stories about very expensive medical insurance that is being marketed, apparently, to corporate expats.

Does anyone have information for medical insurance from a european company with a monthly cost that might be affordable to someone on a social security fixed income?