Decent Salary in Paris

I have recently been offered a job in Paris. My starting salary will be 70,000 Euros per annum. I wanted to know if that is a decent salary to live a comfortable life in Paris. I will be living alone, and would look for a 1 bedroom studio apartment. I have heard stories about the tax rates in France being very high. So, is 70,000 Euros per annum a decent salary? Will I be able to save money? I would be very happy to learn from the experience of the other expats on this forum. Thank you

Hi,

I'm an American expatriate, living and working in France since 1994 (mostly Paris area). 70k€ is certainly enough to live on, but it also depends on what kind of expectations you have.

My recommendation would be to make a trip to Paris right away and get a feel for it. I can offer you access to real Parisian homes on [moderated: no free ads in your very first message]. I'd also be glad, once you're here, to have lunch with you and explain how the system works.

Best regards,

Carsten

That's a good salary, I would go ahead ;)

I have a friend studying in France. She said that was a good salary.
Aunes Oversettelser AS

is this a trick question?

Hi, to be honest 70K is a really good salary, off course depending what you will do.
About taxes, yes you will pay a lot of money :-). Normally you will receive around 5800 euros per month. Take out around 1000 euros for social security + other issues. so you will have 4500K to 4800K per month for you. Then one apaprtment in Paris "normal not luxury studio" can go for 1000 to 1500 euros.
For taxes.. you need to pay per year around 1 salary + "tax d'habitation" this is depending the area you will leave 800 euros to 1000 euros.
If you have a tv, the tax "redevance audivisuel" around 150 euros per year.

Hope this help something...

realy good salary i would say

gortiz2 wrote:

Hi, to be honest 70K is a really good salary, off course depending what you will do.
About taxes, yes you will pay a lot of money :-). Normally you will receive around 5800 euros per month. Take out around 1000 euros for social security + other issues. so you will have 4500K to 4800K per month for you. Then one apaprtment in Paris "normal not luxury studio" can go for 1000 to 1500 euros.
For taxes.. you need to pay per year around 1 salary + "tax d'habitation" this is depending the area you will leave 800 euros to 1000 euros.
If you have a tv, the tax "redevance audivisuel" around 150 euros per year.

Hope this help something...

i believe thts  a good salary