Where to get aquarium and pet fishes in Manila?

Would you mind to help as where I can buy reasonable aquarium and pet fishes here in Manila? Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

There are pet shops on SM Malls. But if you want a cheaper aquariums, just buy outside malls. I know a pet shop but it is located at Caloocan city.

You may research (google) Cartimar wet market, just near Taft Avenue. There are lots of those things and cheap (in my opinion/experience)

MeoMun wrote:

You may research (google) Cartimar wet market, just near Taft Avenue. There are lots of those things and cheap (in my opinion/experience)

Very nice suggestion, Madame. Yes, this is actually true. The Cartimar or probably you're referring to Arranque Market in Sta. Cruz, Manila offers varieties of aquarium pets for cheaper price.  Most of the stores here are being managed by Chinese businessmen. The place is quite close to Divisoria, Manila's most economical market district.

Oh thanks for your kind suggestion. I believe I passed by this place few times. Well for sure will drop by to check on prices soon. Appreciate ur suggestions guys

Cartimar has a lot of options for aquariums and aquarium fish including salt-water fish.  But if that's too far, you might want to try finding them at pet shops at malls. Sometimes, Ace Hardware also sells these.

Glass aquariums sold at pet shops come in different sizes and glass thicknesses. Depending on the size of the aquarium, the thickness of the glass could range from 1/8" to 1/4".  If you want thicker glass or if the aquarium sizes do not fit your space or needs, you can have one custom built from a shop that sells glass windows.  It's more expensive though.

FilAmericanMom wrote:

Cartimar has a lot of options for aquariums and aquarium fish including salt-water fish.  But if that's too far, you might want to try finding them at pet shops at malls. Sometimes, Ace Hardware also sells these.

Glass aquariums sold at pet shops come in different sizes and glass thicknesses. Depending on the size of the aquarium, the thickness of the glass could range from 1/8" to 1/4".  If you want thicker glass or if the aquarium sizes do not fit your space or needs, you can have one custom built from a shop that sells glass windows.  It's more expensive though.

Thanks for your suggestions. Actually am designing my new house and really want to have a big Acquarim as me and my wife we both love it.

Actually, my company builds custom made glass aquariums. We do not set up tanks though. You'd have to get equipment (filters, substrate, decor, fish, etc.) from pet stores or Ace Hardware.  If it's a really large aquarium, I would suggest using at least 3/8" thick glass.  With that thickness, plus the aquarium equipment and water, it's gonna be really heavy. So you will need a sturdy stand, especially one built from materials that do not rot or crack easily due to moisture / water spillage.

FilAmericanMom wrote:

Actually, my company builds custom made glass aquariums. We do not set up tanks though. You'd have to get equipment (filters, substrate, decor, fish, etc.) from pet stores or Ace Hardware.  If it's a really large aquarium, I would suggest using at least 3/8" thick glass.  With that thickness, plus the aquarium equipment and water, it's gonna be really heavy. So you will need a sturdy stand, especially one built from materials that do not rot or crack easily due to moisture / water spillage.

Oh is it. If you guys make glass aquarium why don't you offer full services. Why someone should buy pieces from around and let you assemble it. Anyway if you can make a complete set, please give me a quotation thanks.

I believe there are many places you can get such. There is a good place in Megamall lover ground floor called Bio Reseach. They have dogs, birds,rabbits as well as fish and equipment. Cannot remember if it is Mega A or Mega B. But easy to find if you walk through

Knud

knud wrote:

I believe there are many places you can get such. There is a good place in Megamall lover ground floor called Bio Reseach. They have dogs, birds,rabbits as well as fish and equipment. Cannot remember if it is Mega A or Mega B. But easy to find if you walk through

Knud

Hi thanks for suggestion for sure will look there next time