Expat moving back to the US with dog

Hello, I know my question may be a bit backward, but does anybody have any experience travelling back home with their dog FROM the Philippines to the U.S.? Any experience?

My greatest fear is some hidden "form" or "fee" that I didn't get paid in advance, ruining my trip home with my baby girl.

I was not allowed to board my RT flight to visit folks 3 weeks ago due to no "Exit Clearance Certificate." Agent said she could simply care less. 2 grand flushed down the toilet instantly. No mention of this to me beforehand.

Any experience or suggestions moving pets home or at least travelling with them? I appreciate your help in advance.

I honestly do not know all the details...but I would be very surprised if you didn't have to place the dog in quarantine in the US for a period of time to ensure that it isn't carrying any communicable diseases. You should access the USDA website and check for regulations relating to this. Sorry I cannot be of any further help,

Hello,

(moderated : advertising your services is not allowed)

Thank you,

Loic

If you hold a 13a visa then of course you can obtain exit clearance at Manila or Cebu airports on departure - so I assume this does not apply to you. Therefore, if you are in .PH for more than 6 months before you leave again, you will have to obtain clearance prior to departure. You need to do this no more than about a week before you leave (for the clearance to remain valid).
As .PH is recognised internationally as a country with Rabies, you will have to obtain veterinarian certificates for your dog. These will need to be certified by a Notary Public and produced to the shipping/airfreight company in advance of pet transportation. Your dog will also be subject to USA quarantine rules before she is 'set free' in the States.

As a previous member stated - it would be wise to pay the extra of having your dog handled by a freight company in .PH with experience of animal/livestock cargo, who will be able to advise you on the current legislation. Good luck.