Nivelles?

I am planning to move to Brussels for work purposes. I am looking for some nice Francophone area (like a village) calm and not far from Brussels. Any suggestions on for instance Nivelles? is it close to Brussels central. Where do you find rental apartments? Do you know better villages, francophone, cheap, and easy access?

Thanks in advance.

Nivelles is not a village and it's not near Brussels. It will not have much rental properties either.
Nearly all Belgian rentals are on www.immoweb.be and to search, you will find it easier if you know the post codes.

Thanks tervurener.
Any close villages then?

It depends on what you understand is Brussels. There is Ville de Bruxelles which is one of 19 municipalities which make up region of Brussels. Some people consider places which are NOT in Brussels region to be Brussels, like Waterloo and Tervuren!!!

I'd take a look on google maps and do a bit of reading about areas and also decide which language you'd rather live in, French or Dutch.

thanks again...

As he said, Nivelles is not really a village. Go for : Waterloo, Braine le Chateau, Genappe, Tubize, Genval, Lasne, etc.
You'd better take the FR area
Avoid Brussels East because the planes (noisy), close to the airport